Chapter 32

RECAP

.

.

.

"So do the Vaccinations not work on me?" Nicole speaks up as she looks at the doctor, as curious as I am I'm wondering the same thing as my lou'dte kale.

"The serums or vaccinations as you call them, is to help Ooman females of your kind to carry our pups, but because you are part Yautjan we don't know what to expect with you. So far the Serum has caused some of your Yautjan genes or features to randomly appear out of nowhere even though you look human. Therefore, with that said it is possible for you two to have children or pups I can assure you two, but I would like to keep a close eye on you for any other Yautjan trait surprises over the next few months." says healer Dallu'te as he smiles at the both of us and she seems to breathe a breath of relief as she smiles at me and this causes me to finally put my worries at ease about our future being ok.

Nicole's POV

After La'jar and I got the ok to leave I went with one called Dallu'te to find Torie cradling a little baby that look exactly like his father in every way but had his Mother's eyes I'm guessing since they were a chocolate brown.

"You can hold him too if you want," says a lady coming into the room with a bottle in her hand and then looks at Torie and beckons her to come with the pup in her arms.

"No thank you I need to get going with Torie anyway," I say Tina as I found out her name from Torie later on, but truth be told I was more nervous to be holding a little life again. Torie took careful steps so she doesn't drop him, and then hands the pup to his mother as waves bye to the pup sweetly and waves to Tina goodbye. I couldn't help but smile as I remember holding Torie when she was a baby, she was a big baby and she took forever to come out of my Aunt that day. My Aunt Olivia had a water birth for Victoria and when I finally go to see her for the first time all I thought was that she was a big baby! Even though it had been my first time seeing a baby in my family since I rarely saw the village and I was always with my Aunt while my Uncle went out with Allie sometimes and took me once in a while. I would watch how my Aunt took care of Torie with care and love and she would look at me the same way my mother would look at me. My aunt always thought of me as her second daughter and made sure to take care of me and teach me about womanly needs and things before she died. I was fourteen at the time of her passing and Torie was barely four she doesn't remember much about her mother and father but Allie and I would always tell her stories about them.

"Goodbye, I hope we can meet again soon," says Tina as she waves to goodbye to us and smiles at the little bundle of joy in her arms who is feeding from the bottle and looks up at his mom.

"Are you going to start a family with La'jar now?" Asked Torie once we leave Tina. I look down at her and I see her looking away from me with sadness.

"Yes... We plan to some day... Why?" I ask her now wondering why she brought this subject.

"It-it's nothing," says Torie as she runs ahead of me sniffling and I chase after her worried that she might get lost.

"Torie wait!" I yell as I chase after her but she kept running until she couldn't thankfully I was still able to keep up with her. She still had tears in her eyes as she tried to hide them from me.

"Torie what's wrong? Please tell me." I say as I pet her head smoothing out her hair and have her lift up her head to me and give her a look of concern because it hurt me, heck it killed me to see her this way.

"No-Now tha-that your wi-with La'jar! You wo-won't want m-me ar-around anymore!" she says as she sobs uncontrollably. I then realize what she meant and why she didn't want to tell me.