Chapter 40

RECAP

.

.

.

"Tri'ste they aren't lying," I say and everyone looks at me astonished even Allie and she knows I could tell if someone was lying.

"If they didn't do it then who is capable of taking forms like a Yautja? Because as far as I'm concerned I've never heard of such a creature," says Allie looking at her mate everyone in the room goes silent and we all look at the Elder when he speaks.

"There is one creature, I will need to discuss this with the council first as for you three I demand you bring you apprentices here immediately! We will discuss about what to do with council and elders," says the Elder as he leaves all of us.

La'jar's POV

I was shocked that Nicole was able to realize that something was wrong long before the Elder himself did! She saw something missing long before the trial itself even started we were currently outside with her other cousin Lou'dte kale Alexis and her mate Clan leader Guan-thwei.

"How the fuck do you do that NICOLE!?" shouts her cousin lou'dte kale Alexis as she comes over to her cousin there is something different about her, her scent has changed and she's wearing bigger clothes...

"Oh, please Allie you could tell just looking into their eyes something was off and it didn't make sense not to bring their apprentices," says Nicole as she faces her cousin with a smirk.

"By the way do any of you know of the type of creature that the Elder was talking about?" asked Allie as she looked at all of us and we all shake our heads because I have never heard of such a thing before.

"H'ko, whoever did this the Elder seemed trouble, Elder Hondär looked troubled in a way," said Tri'ste as Centanu nodded in agreement.

"Now that you mention it he seemed a bit taken back when Lou'dte kale Alexis considered such a creature," said Centanu.

"If so who would want to get rid of Victoria?" asked R'ka as he looked at us all.

"Unless they were trying to get to me or Allie," says my lou'dte kale coming to a conclusion which has me bristling along with Guan-thwei as he holds his mate closer to him.

"They can try," Guan-thwei says growling in rage.

"They won't get to us, they'll be dead before they get the chance," says lou'dte kale Alexis reassuring Guan-thwei as she rubs the right side of his mandibles.

"Us?" says Nicole as she gives her cousin a hard stare when her eyes go down and they grow wide when realization dawns on her. Alexis then uses her other to clutch her abdomen where she reveals a small bump... "Oh Pauk! She's expecting!" I thought in my head.

"Surprise, I wanted to tell you under better circumstances but I guess now is better than never," says Lou'dte kale Alexis as she shares the news with everyone.

"I'm, I'm, I'm going, to be, an, Aunty?" says Nicole not quite grasping the concept herself.

"Yay! Now I won't have to be the only little kid in the family!" cheers Torie as she gives her sister a hug and Alexis looks at her lovingly.

"La'jar, you hear that, I'm going to be an Aunty..." she says her eyes roll back and falls only for me to stand her up right.

"Nicole are you alright?" asked lou'dte kale Alexis with concern for her cousin's well being. As I'm holding Nicole she seems to still be in a daze.