First date with Tim

Her and Tim's first date: Inspired by their video for "Think a little less" which is posted above :D

Grace heated up her dinner and put Ama's plate in the fridge. She ate and sat there thinking about her niece, their family, and what Amarelle could have if given the opportunity to flourish. Their family always made her feel like she wasn't worth anything and she was afraid that's what was happening to Ama. Tamarine and her husband were paying for Ama's tuition. Grace began to wonder if her niece would consider moving to Miami if she, Zane and Maverick paid for her schooling?

When she was done, she headed upstairs to her bedroom. She and Zane shared a room while Maverick had his own. He was a doctor and sometimes got called out in the middle of the night. It was his choice to have his own bedroom. She could hear the snores from Maverick's room and she smiled. Zane was also asleep when she entered their bedroom. She was going to have to sit down with them both and discuss what she was thinking about.

The next morning, Grace was sitting out on the back patio sipping her coffee. She was lost in her thoughts and trying to figure out how to make things work. Grace didn't hear anyone stepping out onto the patio so when a hand touched her shoulder, she jumped and nearly spilled her coffee. Zane's soft laughter hit her ears.

"Sorry to disturb you, babe. What are you so deep in thought about?" He asked, sitting down next to her

"Some things I want to discuss with you and Maverick." She replied

"About Ama?" He asked

"Yeah. She got into a fight with Scott and her mother via text messaging last night. She was sticking up for me but some of the things her own mother said...." Grace stated, "It just makes my blood boil. I can handle my family treating me the way they do but I won't put up with it when it comes to Ama."

"What's going on?" Mav asked as he stepped out onto the patio

"I took photos of her texts last night. Read this shit." Grace stated, handing her phone to Zane, "My asshole of a family and poor Amarelle."

"Why in the hell do they think your life would be a train wreck?" Zane asked, handing Grace's phone to Maverick

"I don't know. Amarelle is more like my daughter than my niece. We're so much alike and so different from anyone else in our family. She's so kind and has such a big heart." Grace stated, tearing up slightly

"It's ok, baby." Zane said, reaching over and squeezing her hand, "You want her to move in, don't you?"

"Well, that's one thing I wanted to talk to you guys about. Her parents pay for her schooling. I know she stays on campus even during most breaks because she just doesn't feel welcome at her house. For good reason, apparently." Grace explained with a sigh, "I can take care of her tuition and anything else she might need for school. This isn't just my house and I'm not going to make big decisions like this without your input."

"You want to pay for her college and let her move in with us? That's the jest of what you want to discuss?" Mav asked with a knowing smile

"Yes. But there's two bisexual men who are both interested in Ama. One is picking her up for a date tonight and the other will be taking her out tomorrow night. This is her first poly relationship. It'll be easier for her to be around people like us than it would be trying to do this on campus or even at her parents' house." Grace said giving Zane's hand a squeeze, "And you see how they feel about me and my lifestyle. I'm afraid if they found out she was even in a poly relationship, they'd threaten to cut her schooling. Or worse."

"Yeah, I can't stand by and let that happen. It's not like we don't have plenty of room for her to stay here. She's a bright young woman with the whole world at her feet. I'm fine with it." Zane stated, making Grace smile before leaning over to kiss his cheek