Girl's road trip

A/N: Forgive me for not posting this morning. I didn't have a good night last night :/ But here's a super cute (I hope) chapter for y'all. Enjoy! XoXo *Angie*

Amarelle had finally finished packing as everyone had gotten up and ready for their day. Interviews, a local TV show, more interviews. She didn't bother making breakfast for anyone since her mind was 1000 miles away. How would she get her and Cerise from Minnesota to Texas? Driving seemed like it would take forever. Had Cerise ever flown before? She'd never flown with a toddler, so she didn't know what to do or what to expect.

She decided she'd drive them from Minnesota to Texas. It was going to be a long trip, but she thought it would be best since she didn't know if she'd need an ID or anything for Cerise if they flew. Driving was going to take roughly 18 hours. She figured if they drove about 9 hours a day, stop at a hotel for the night, the trip wouldn't be so bad. She took her laptop out of its bag and began looking for car rental places at the airport she'd be flying into. She'd also need to rent a booster seat for Cerise.

"Hey, what are you up to?" Chance asked as he plopped down next to her.

"Renting a car and booster seat for my trip to Minnesota." She absent-mindedly replied with a furrowed brow.

"Why are you renting a car?"

Luke boarded about that time.

"Give me your flight information and I'll make sure we leave in time to grab dinner before you fly out." Luke smiled at her as he found a seat.

"What's going on?" Chance looked around.

"Ama is flying back to Minnesota to pick up Cerise to take her to Dena's house. Dena's going to be looking after Cerise from now on while y'all are on the road." Luke informed the few people that were on the bus.

"What happened? Why is Dena going to be looking after Cerise and not Ericha?" Austin inquired

"She apparently died while giving birth to her boyfriend's kid. Social services came in and took Cerise. They called Adam this morning." Ama explained, never looking away from her laptop.

"Oh damn." Austin replied.

"Yeah." Luke shrugged.

Ama had rented a nice 2018 Nissan Maxima SR for their little road trip to Texas. She also rented a booster seat knowing Cerise needed to be in one. She had one bag plus her laptop bag. Ama wasn't sure how many bags Cerise would be sent with. 'I can do this.' she kept reminding herself as she rented what she needed. She had already packed up her laptop, only keeping her phone charger out so she could charge her phone as needed before they left for the airport. Suddenly her phone dinged with a text.

Dena: Hey sweetie! Tim said you volunteered to decorate Cerise's room? What were you thinking?

Ama smiled as she replied: Disney Princes. Adam has already ordered a bedroom suite for her. I need to paint the room and get any accessories. If you don't mind, that is.

Dena: What all do you need?

Amarelle: I was thinking of painting the walls a light pink. Maybe white crown molding. Part of the bedroom suit Adam got has a cute little chandelier with it.

Amarelle: Maybe put some Disney wall art up once the walls are dried. What do you think?

Dena: I think you're going to make a best friend out of Cerise by the time this is done 😊

Amarelle: Well, I want her to feel comfortable in the new surroundings. I don't know what the social services people have told her about her mother or if she even understands that Ericha is dead :/