Twist Of A Bottle

Chapter 17- Twist Of A Bottle

The hours quickly turned into days. No one in the small town Riverdale heard any updates on the Jones boy. It's not like the town really cared, they just didn't want to seem like they didn't care. The people in Riverdale really only cared about themselves and maybe money. It wasn't really odd to not have anybody care about the jones. They mostly saw the Jones as the bad boys or the southside runts. The only families who even gave a damn about Jughead Jones, was the Andrews, one of the lodges and the Smith's. Alice and her daughter Betty changed their names. They couldn't handle being associated with the Cooper name. The name Cooper was now known as the toxic household name. The town also haven't heard anything about Miss Polly Cooper. Neither did they care either. The residents of Riverdale mostly cared about themselves and their precious money, they loved oh so dearly.

It's was Sunday morning, the fifth of February. Fp Jones finished his bottle of Snakebite, he bought at the local store on the Southside. After Jughead slipped into a coma a week ago. FP's drinking started to pick up. It started off as one drink with Alice at The Wyrm. Alice was just trying to get his mind off his son for a little while. That quickly excavated to his drinking problem. Fp felt himself slowly falling down his hole he dug himself. He started to blame himself for his son's condition. Alice eventually found her and Betty a place to stay. She couldn't live in that trailer. His drinking got so bad, they would have fights about literally nothing. She knew it was all caused by Jughead's coma slip. She felt so bad for Fp. She didn't want to leave, but she couldn't watch him drowned himself in liquor. She regretted taking him to the Wyrm to take his mind off of his comatose son. She couldn't watch the man she loves kill himself. It was too heartbreaking to watch.

Alice woke up in her new bed, she bought herself after moving into their new house. The old bed had too many tainted memories that couldn't be washed away. Not even setting it on fire and watching it be engulfed into the raging hurt of the flame would burn away the nightmares of that bed brought with. She got up from the bed and went down the stairs, passing by the wall of newly hung pictures. As she reached the kitchen, she went to the cupboard and grabbed a bowl. She then traveled over to the pantry to grab the box of her favorite cereal, lucky charms. They always been her go to cereal since she was a kid. Growing up on the southside didn't give her much breakfast choices. She poured her cereal, took a spoon and brought it into her mouth. The marshmallows just melt in her mouth.

Betty was still adjusting her new lifestyle. She was used the breakfasts with Juggie, Fp and her mom. Those starting to disappear when Fp started drinking, shortly after jughead slipped into a coma. Betty was heartbreaking. She felt like her world was just starting to be put back together, and then a disaster destroyed any chance of being rebuilt. Betty came down the new stairs, they didn't creek like her old house. Archie would visit, but it just wasn't the same without jughead. The whole group of friends haven't really spoken to each other. Betty and Roni did rekindle their friendship. Archie missed his buddy. He hoped that jughead would come out this a coma anytime soon. Kevin and Betty started to hangout more.

Betty entered the kitchen trying to look happy. But Alice saw right through her daughter's fake smile. "Betty, you have to eat. Jughead's doctor said that jughead finally woke up." Alice stated with a huge smile as happy tears came down her gave. Betty's face lit up. She was so happy.

"Really?" Betty exclaimed as a smile marked her round lips. Alice nodded as she took a bite of her cereal.

"Oh my god, this is amazing." Betty chirped as she got up and started dancing around the kitchen. Alice laughed as she watched her daughter dance around the kitchen like a grinning fool. She was so happy to finally see her daughter smile after weeks of crying nonstop.

"Betty, lets go to FP's trailer." She ordered as she grabbed her keys off the counter.

Betty nodded and put on the nearest sweater she could find. Alice and Betty got into her car. The drive was short , but nerve racking at the same time. Betty couldn't stop smiling the whole way there. Alice pulled up to the trailer. She stepped out of the car. Inhaling the familiar scents of the trailer park. She could also she bags full of liquor bottles sitting on the steps. She knocked on the door. All the anxiousness came flowing back as she waited for the door to open.