Chapter 1: Change of pace... more like world.

Late that day, the four of them arrived at the North gate of Aldor City.

"Kiddo ye got identification fer this'ere city yet? 'Cause we might have to camp outside the walls tonight... they're not gonna go lettin' people in a lot longer.

But if ye still got the coin ye might be able to get in if yer quick an' head to the office in the gate. Get yer identification and find an inn to stay at." The dwarf spoke and George nodded, thanking him and jumping off the cart.

"Don't pull out the weird thing ye got, get one tier two silver out before ye head there." He added and George nodded as he got the coin out and walked to the large gate.
"Visa please." The guard at the entrance spoke sternly, somehow George had now figured out the entire language.

Unexpectedly he realized, he could actually understand it. So in return he answered in their language as well.

"I came to get one; I have the tier two silver here." He said and the guard opened a door to the left of them where the registration would happen apparently.
"Got another visa request for you... just don't pay this guy too much attention." The guard said and George was led into the room where two men were seated. No guards though, just two men in robes.

"Stand between us, we'll perform the spell for the registration... your visa will be cast as soon as the spell finishes." One of them said.

Doing as told, George stood between them as they chanted an unusual sounding language and on a crystal tablet to the left all his information appeared, age, race, gender, name, only thing that was off was his name and race at first glance.

He was now named Kanrish and apparently he was even a high elf. Looking further, his age had also changed, he was forty. So the only thing that was the same... he was still a guy.

His general stats had remained the same as when he first saw his character screen. His level had become a triplet of question marks though.

Somehow the men seemed to have not noticed the strange level and handed him the crystal that popped out once all his information had siphoned into it from the crystal sheet.

After the payment, Kanrish was allowed to pass into the city. He just had to find an inn.

Where are those? You would think those would be near the gate at least.

He thought, but the signs everywhere were no help. He understood the spoken language but could not read a single letter.

None of the signs betrayed a sign of them being an inn. So no other option left but to ask someone where to find one. Only problem, he knew no-one here.

After a short scan of his environment he was getting tired and finally found a guard.

"Sorry, but could you point me to a good inn, I'm not really familiar with anything here." Kanrish asked and the guard laughed.

"A good inn you ask, this is the best one we got in Aldor City." He asked and pointed over his shoulder and looked down at Kanrish, sneering, "But I don't expect an elf to know of this place, your kind rarely leaves their woods, you wood elves are all the same..."

An angry shout came from inside the inn and the guard looked inside scared.

An elven man came stepping out and slapped the guard against the side of his head with surprising force.

"Zachary you insulting my customers again? And first and foremost this youngster is not a wood elf, but rather a high elf like myself. I'm giving you one more shot, pull this once more and I'll hire another guard, and fire you" The elf spoke signaling for Kanrish to enter.