Vol.4 Chapter 5, Return to the Harpies.

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

Morning came at last, Emiko woke in her own room, alone, tucked in warmly under the sheets and a small flower next to her bed on the stand, with a note addressed to her.

"I do not know what you wish for, but I wish for you to choose." She read the note aloud, but found it not signed. The handwriting seemed odd, and yet familiar, but Emiko was unable to place it.

Is this Alcea's?

She simply could not recall the dryad's handwriting. Had she even seen it, the girl had a tremendous memory, but apparently all dryads boasted to have such detailed and perfect handwriting, at least, according to rumors.

"I do wonder what happened after... oh... what have I done...?"Emiko muttered, burying her face in her hands as she remembered how stupid she had acted in front of Alcea.

"Wh-what was I thinking? W-w-was I even thinking?!" She exclaimed and heard a gentle knock on the door to her room.

"You okay, Onee?" It was Ayame's voice that carried warmly though the door. Her younger sister had always seen straight through her in their past. Even in Maka'ral where they had not had a single right as a person, but were reduced to simple commodities, her younger sister, Ayame had kept her going for the sake of both of them.

"I-I'm fine... I... think..." Emiko replied hesitantly, but eventually Ayame's calm tap on the door sounded again, followed by her footsteps getting distant in the hallway.

"Good to hear. Join us for breakfast Onee!" With those words, Ayame had left her sister in her room, smiling as she knew what their parents had 'planned' for her.

A surprise, well... two surprises, one she would be thrilled about, but that one came after an unpleasant one.

I hope Onee doesn't take it too badly , she never really took well to jokes. Ayame wondered to herself as she calmly walked down the stairs in their foyer.

"How far she and I have come since meeting Tosan and our Kasans. It's... weird, in a good way, I guess." She muttered and skipped a little while making her way across the large, round foyer to the dining room where she found both her parents who were still around in the mansion.

Not that the bastardized Japanese plural of mother meant someone had died, she simply did not know what was going on, but two of their three new mothers had been whisked away by someone who called herself 'Inari' and all she knew was that, just like the parents of those two sisters who had been taken, the name Inari held a lot of weight to Kanrish.

"Morning Kasan, Tosan!" Ayame exclaimed happily as she dropped herself into one of the chairs in the room around the long table.

"Kasan, such a pretty smile! What happened?" Ayame asked when she saw the beaming smile dancing across Lyya's face as she held onto Kanrish' arm next to her, resting her head on his shoulder with a pleased expression.