VOL.2 Chapter 9: A Visit from The Elder

Walking back to the Empty Tree Inn, the trio drew quite the number of spectators.

The two elves only turned the heads of a few male onlookers.

Until they noticed the little flaming nymph, sitting on Pharana's right shoulder, who turned almost all heads nearby.

Unlike on their way to Savarna, they had to make zero effort to get through the crowds. More accurately even, the crowd parted on seeing Nylisa with the princess in their midst.

Upon entering the inn itself, the trio was surprised to see both Akane and Misuki sitting side to side at their table talking calmly.

Their wings' feathers faintly dancing on the air blowing through the large open doors in the front, they sat talking together.

Approaching the twins, Lyya noticed Nylisa had hopped off Pharana's shoulder and clung to said shoulder as she hovered behind her for protection, her bird-like wings of red fire trembling while she remained aloft.

"Misuki, how's our man been today?!" Lyya called and the white wings gave a short twitch as the Demi-Goddess heard her name called.

"He's doing good, it takes less effort to talk and his mana is settling nicely. I think I'll have him join us for dinner downstairs today. Especially the kids want to have him around again instead of lying in bed all day." She replied smiling and her gaze turned to Pharana.

More accurately, her right shoulder where Nylisa tried to hide.

A smile formed on Misuki's face and she addressed the small flame nymph.

"What's wrong little one? No need to be scared. My sister won't hurt you." At her soothing voice, the flaming hair of the small nymph fluttered just above Pharana's shoulder as Nylisa shook her head vigorously.

"Who are you talking to, Kasan?" Ayame asked curiously, not having noticed Nylisa's presence yet.

In the bright interior of the inn it made sense the flames of the nymph went unnoticed and from the girl's perspective there was barely anything visible.

"Go on Nylisa, introduce yourself. We'll be traveling with them." Pharana spoke once seated and three confused calls sounded from the opposite side of the table as the small nymph fluttered her wings and flew over the princess's shoulder to land in front of her, trying to hide partially behind her arm.

"For how outspoken your sisters were back there, you seem rather shy Nylisa..." Aelanna spoke as she recalled the display of nymphs messing around inside the elder's house.

With a vigorous shake of her head and wild hand gestures to go with it, the nymph glanced distrustful at the twins who sat nearby.

"Wow a lesser nymph... cool!" Emiko chimed excitedly as she realized what the little flaming person on the table was.

"The elder entrusted her to me at the end of our meeting. I'm surprised she didn't call out the disgrace of losing my guards though..." Pharana gave as a brief synopsis of how she had gained the little nymph as a companion.

"Pharana, can the rest of the talk wait a little, I'll help Kanrish get downstairs so he can get the gist of what happened as well." Misuki interrupted briefly before the princess gave a nod.

"We'll be right back." She said and rose to her feet before walking to the next floor of the building.

Several moments later, Nylisa sat nervously behind the protective wall of Pharana's arms as they rested on the table and Hapii had spent some moments eyeing her small figure curiously.

"How did she come so small?" Hapii asked confused, her head cocked to one side curiously showing she did not grasp the tiny flaming existence before her.