VOL.4 Chapter 12, Challenging The Architect.

[Author's note]

Seeing something went horribly wrong SOMEWHERE, I am uploading the chapters I somehow missed recently now, seeing I need t obe up-to-speed for my releases tomorrow which were already out on Patreon last week. So consider the few today a bunch of 'bonus chapter' from me to make up for therecently missed releases since I messed up.

Roll for initiative...

After almost four weeks had passed since the twins had been taken away by Inari, even if temporarily, Kanrish truly realized how much he missed them.

The sound of Akane's grimaces and moans of pleasure whenever she retracted or revealed her wings.

The happy sighs whenever Misuki had been peeping on him again.

The way the two always squabbled over who would get the next night with him on the road.

Even the way they pushed Lyya to make a move on him occasionally.

He missed all that from them.

Simply said, the place had become far too silent without them.

The only 'good' that had come from it, was the fact he had all the time to figure out how to root himself, and he did just that in the meanwhile.

Three days after their visit to the Queen's hot spring, he had finalized the process and at Lyya's demand, she was there with him in the room.

But neither of them had expected the process of rooting a person would be as painful and agonizing as it had turned out to be.

Lyya had sent all the staff away as they hurried to their private bedroom in a panic at his wailing and agonized screams.

She had even told Ayame and Hapii to get an early night's sleep that day and in hushed voice informed Emiko to not come to their room that night and why, while excluding the fact Kanrish might accidentally kill himself if it went awry.

But after it had all been said and done, he was an utter mess the following day.

His entire body was sore and bruised from the process of it.

Every muscle burned with a severe souring and he had become feverish for two days straight because of it.

Lyya was utterly terrified of what might have happened when she woke to his ridiculously high fever the afternoon after he had rooted himself.

But at the end of that week, he was back to his normal self, luckily.

But still he hoped that phones on earth did not feel, because everyone who rooted their phones would be putting them through such agony otherwise.

"Ah, it's good to be home, isn't it, Onee?" A voice carried through their house and left Kanrish wondering if he had finally gone insane and lost his sanity.

"Ah shit, now I'm hearing things..." He grumbled and Lyya looked at him confused.

"If so, I think we're both hearing the same hallucinations." She spoke and they jerked around in hope they might not be hallucinating.

"Yeah, it really is good to be home, although I feel like I only left yesterday." Misuki spoke as she walked into the living room with Akane at her side and Inari close behind them.

"As promised, it took me about a month to rewrite their entire code to C#. But it's worth it, these two won't cause anything and everything they touch to become corrupted files again. The month of lost sleep now is better than continuing losing sleep over repairing all the stuff these two kept breaking." Inari spoke calmly as she paced past the twins who stood a bit marvelled in the room.