VOL.4 Chapter 1, A merchant with Dukedom... and a troublesome Goddess.

[Author's Note]

I have made the tiers for each respective book for the physical copies and updated the available ebook tiers on my Patreon. I added the ebook tiers for Monster Girl Resort and An Elf on Earth. And I made a tier for each series' physical copies of the books. These tiers are going to get a bunch of releases at a single time, since I need to prepare both cover art and printing for all volumes that are available as ebook already at the point I can actually start physical distribution.

To work towards this goal, I have set up a few targets on my patreon to gather funds needed for these preparations. You can find my patreon at: Patreon.com/padgevanderklift.

on top of that, I am currently working on editing VOL.2 again, the second round of editing has begun and is progressing smoothly

Roll for initiative...

Kanrish had spent a good amount of time since he had been awarded with Dukedom for him and his ragtag family by Pharana, with Lyya and Misuki. Right now, he sat in the living room of their mansion in the tops of the Eastern Cardinal Tree.

A massive tree that dwarfed the 'trees of life' from modern fantasy stories Kanrish knew from his previous life. But that same tree he was in now, actually housed a fully tiered city amidst its branches.

At the base of this massive tree simply referred to as 'the Eastern Capital', lay four massive and sprawling cities. One for each cardinal direction.

It was Misuki who suddenly drew Kanrish attention from his conversation with Lyya, one of his three wives who sat next to him.

Misuki and her twin sister being his other two wives, Kanrish had actually gotten used to the fact he now had three lovers, a family of three adopted children, one thing they had actually pushed through officially in the very first week since receiving their Dukedom.

He had come, originally, from Great Britain on earth. But having died in a major thunderstorm a few days before Christmas, he suddenly found himself in a whole new world, named Liria.

So seeing how 'unaccustomed' he had been to Liria's common-sense that polygamy was about as normal as monogamy was, Kanrish had his fair share of struggles balancing his three wives' priorities at first.

But now, he, Misuki and Lyya all worried about and prioritized his third wife, Akane.

Seeing she is a Demi-Goddess born into both the Domains of Love and Death, she possesses abilities that should not and probably could not function together by any normal means.

One of those, having rather recently saved Kanrish' life when he, unknowingly, faced off against one of the most feared beings of Liria, the Demonlord Algusdorth, was what she was currently recovering from in a constant near-death state.

The true price of a life was shown to Kanrish in that very moment when Akane's Divinity triggered her powers known as {Restraint of the Reaper}. An ability that redirected any injuries he would have taken to her, quite literally indestructible body.

Even when the massive impact of Algusdorth's swipe would never have connected, Akane's fear of losing another lover to death, caused her ability to take effect, saving him from a non-existent harm.

But the price, was that she would remain in a near-death state for well over two months, as it had turned out by now.

"Sweetheart?" Misuki said as she addressed Kanrish upon her entering their living room, one of their three children following behind her.

"Kasan is slowly recovering a bit more!" Ayame, the youngest of their three children exclaimed proudly. She was a formerly enslaved dark elf, saved by Kanrish, Lyya and the twins right as she and her elder sister Emiko were about to be sold off to a slave brothel and had travelled safely with Kanrish ever since.