VOL.3 Inari's Legacy.

Three days had passed since Inari had claimed Kanrish as her husband and both the twins and Lyya had kept silent about the subject.

{Inari} {If you have any questions you should ask them, I implemented a chat function in here for that.}

A message popped into his log as Kanrish sat mulling over why they had ran into the legendary Japanese Goddess of the Harvest here of all places.

Annoyed he ignored the message and turned to face Lyya, who sat squabbling with the twins about something.

Three days. It had been three days since they had spoken to him and they had made significant progress through the Thunder-ridge Canyons.

"Why?" Akane sneered at him suddenly, startling Kanrish as he had no means of understanding what she meant.

"Akane, what do you mean 'why'?" He asked her and Lyya gave him an angry glance.

"Aren't we enough for you?" She said and the odd question clicked in his mind. It also immediately explained why he had gotten the silent treatment for the past three days.

"It was never a question that you three are enough for me, I love each of you dearly. But trust me when I say I had no intentions of taking her up on her demands." Kanrish spoke and Misuki gave him a look that spelled disaster.

"And yet you accepted her as a fourth bride." She sneered at him and Kanrish shook his head.

"It was that or die myself, or lose you two. Did you think a Goddess of my old world left me any choice here?" He asked and all three, Lyya, Akane and Misuki, let their heads hang as they realized the truth of his statement.

Focusing his attention on his {Chat Log} when suddenly a new message appeared.

{Inari} {Just think about sending me a message and then think the lines you want to send... or type them on that console you made... either will work.}

Kanrish read the message and suddenly realized the her name had actually been added to her messages. Whereas previously there was just a simple message, it now displayed a name like it would have in an M.M.O.R.P.G.

It was all just confusing to Kanrish so he turned his attention to Lyya, who was the most upset with him, Akane simply sat sulking in Misuki's arms who was glaring daggers at him non-stop.

"Would you three like to talk with Inari to find out what she wanted exactly?" He asked them and all three of his wives turned surprised gazes at him.

"I'll b ring up the means to communicate..." Kanrish spoke and conjured the ever familiar {Code Console} again.

A brief moment was all it took to convert the entire thing to the symbols used in the elven language here on Liria and soon he sat with all three ladies, typing their questions for them.

Lyya could simply not figure out how typed text worked, she kept trying to speak the words she wanted, leaving her frustrated with nothing happening, and the twins spent five minutes trying to find the letters on the keyboard and typing with only two fingers. And that was for a short sentence.

It comically reminded him of how his younger siblings had learned to type on a computer.

One or two fingers hovering over the keyboard while they desperately searched for the next letter they needed.

In the end Inari turned out to be more understanding that she had seemed initially but eventually when she had calmed the worries of Lyya, Akane and Misuki, she advised Kanrish to make sure they could not rear the screens anymore.