VOL.4 Chapter 8, The search for mutual love.

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

The next day, Emiko was early to rise and prepared a quick meal for herself at the still smouldering cookfires.

She simply grilled some leftover meat, boiled some water for a cup of tea and took some of the flatbread the harpy colony made in large batches.

"Onee, g'mornin'... Aahnn..." Hapii came walking outside and stretched largely with a yawn.

"Here, have some bread." Emiko offered and the girl took the chunk of bread she was handed, immediately digging into it with gusto.

"What's Onee gonna do today?" Hapii asked Emiko in between bites of her bread and Emiko sighed.

"I'm hoping I can find Nero again today and spend time with her. I really... really, really... hope she likes me in that same way." Emiko replied, slowly lowering her volume until she sat whispering so soft it almost became inaudible.

"You go girl!" Hapii exclaimed and leapt to her feet, shortly after flying off entirely.

"I'm off to see Onee on the main chunk of the village!" Hapii exclaimed and Emiko giggled softly to herself at the proud declaration from her sister.

"She seems happy she got to visit again." Kanrish said from behind Emiko, who fell backwards while she gave a startled yelp.

"Whoa!?" She exclaimed and found herself laying on her back, staring up at her father while he smiled down at her.

"I guess you didn't hear me come up to you, huh?" Kanrish asked her and reached a hand for his daughter to help her back onto her feet.

"Thanks, I didn't know you could be so sneaky." She said and he smiled wryly, scratching behind his ear again.

"heheheh... about that, you were mostly lost in thought, I even called out for you." Kanrish said and Emiko lowered her gaze ashamed.

"O-oh..." She said softly and felt her face burn up, all the way to the tips of her ears.

"Don't worry, I know you wanted to come along for someone in particular. I don't blame you for getting a little dreamy every now and then when you're here anyway." Kanrish said as he dropped himself on the ground next to the cookfire and prodded the coals, sending them ablaze again.

"Ah, good... still got it." He whispered and placed the slab of meat on the grill over the flames while he also lay a chunk of the flatbread on it.

"I honestly just wish the harpies here had cheese as well, but I guess we can't have everything." Kanrish said and Emiko giggled next to him.

"You brought your phone, didn't you? Then you could just take it out." She said and Kanrish slapped his own forehead.

"Duh, how'd I even forget that." He said and took his phone from his pocket.