VOL.2 Chapter 12: Travels and recovery.

Waking early, Kanrish could feel Lyya's warm body as she lay against him. He had little strength left in his body to break her embrace and a severe fatigue had struck him when he woke.

Not knowing what was causing this, Kanrish broke into a cold sweat.

"Miss Misuki, I think you should check on your husband a moment..." One of Pharana's guards who had the final shift spoke while giving Misuki a light shake.

"Huh... What's wrong?" She asked drowsily and the guard repeated himself once before Misuki leapt to her feet.

"O-oh I'm s-sorry, milady..." The guard stammered, while averting his gaze when Misuki leapt to her feet from the bedroll, as she usually slept with the least of clothing, even when out here.

As swift as she was, Misuki pulled on a set of easy to move in clothes for modesty's sake before she rushed to Kanrish.

While he was conscious, he was also severely weakened. She gave him a quick check-up with her magic and sighed.

"I knew I should have stopped you yesterday..."

Her agonized, whispered words seemed to reach the still sleeping Lyya who drew close to Kanrish as he lay meekly in both women's embrace.

You got that mana strain back you know... that was what I meant with you shouldn't have fought yet. Misuki scolded him telepathically and pulled his head against her chest.

She rested him against her large breasts and a few silent shocks went through her body.

Baka... that would Sis have said if it wasn't for the state you got her into...

Misuki's body began to shake more frequently and eventually woke Lyya.

"Misuki, you-... what's wrong?" Lyya asked and the white hair that had scattered around her, Misuki had already stained wet with her tears.

"Our husband is an idiot..." Was all she could muster to say when Lyya realized what was going on.

"It's back, huh...?" She whispered and a silent nod was all the reply Lyya got.

"Fool..." She whispered and pressed a kiss against his collarbone.

"Guess you'll be on sightseeing duty again." Lyya, teased Kanrish while she helped him and Misuki get to some seating, so he did not have to lie the entire time that morning.

When everyone was awake again, Kanrish sat against the wheel of their carriage.

Lyya had placed several large pillows for him and Misuki to sit against and it did not take long for the group to get breakfast done and move along again.

The travelling group came by many different clearings, but usually there was a lot of trouble around those points in the forest since a lot of large beasts gather at those locations.

With the only things to see for three days straight being the huge trees lining the road and the shrub-like trees amidst them, the group had little to keep them entertained.

Kanrish sat resting in the carriage bed all the time, he was not even allowed to use his {Code Console}, since that also ran on his magic reserves.

The biggest entertainment was Pharana's little nymph familiar, Nylisa who sat trying to get the Princess to act on something.

After another long day of travel, they had made their way about a third of the way to the Eastern Capital since they had entered the Southern Forest.

It was then that Pharana sat at a tree stump she had been using as a table during their rest.

Pharana had a steel mug in front of her filled with some of the zuddintine juice they had purchased in Lerwick.