Chapter 17: The Twins Of Vali.

While Kanrish had managed to calm Ayame and Emiko, the two sisters were still nervous as they saw people read the notice at the door to the inn.

"There is no need to be afraid of some mercenaries." Akane spoke calmly as she sat down with Kanrish and the three girls.

Misuki hung her arms over Kanrish's shoulders as Lyya had earlier and began teasing him.

"Onee-chan! Now's not the time. We're trying to reassure the girls they will be safe when Kanrish-Sama is off on so-..." Akane retorted and Misuki sneered at her younger sister.

"Come on, it's not like there will be any actual danger with Vali's daughters around. Hell we have a quarter of Giant's blood because of Rindr-Obasan. It's not like we can't defend them Akane." Misuki retorted and the three girls next to Kanrish were confused by the names that had been dropped.

Unlike Kanrish who had an interest in the Mythologies in his old life. The names of the twins' father, and grandmother were familiar.

"Wait...what?!" Kanrish exclaimed at the realization of the 'family' he was marrying into.

"What's wrong I thought Nee-chan and I already told you Vali is our father?" Akane asked surprised and Kanrish let his head hang, although he did wind up smashing the table rather hard.

"Vali, the son of Odin and the Giantess Rindr. That guy is your father? You two should have come and found me in my old world. Woul-"

As he spoke, Kanrish broke his mind on why the twins had not looked for him in his old world but was roughly awoken from that train of thoughts by Misuki.

"You died there, Dear. If we had found you we would not have been together long. And you lived in a country where polygamy was frowned upon. So Father sent us to find this world since he knew you would somehow transition to this one. Though not sure how. Nor why or when." Her words stung but held a truth he could not deny.

Kanrish, or more, back then, George, had died. He had been fried alive in a thunderstorm.

Hell he had been looking for his PC after he woke in the field upon arriving in this world, before he was aware of his predicament.

And yes he had to admit they were right. How he had found a new family here he would not have been able to get engaged to three women back before he died.

Hell even both Akane and Misuki would have been impossible to be engaged to both of them because of the British laws.

As Kanrish was lost in thoughts at the mention of multiple Norse Gods being his in-laws, a faint voice called out to him.

"What's wrong Kanrish-sama? Did Misuki-sama say something wrong?" Ayame said frightened at his sudden scream and silence.

"You know Otosan?" Akane's surprised voice followed up and Kanrish shook his head.

"Never knew the old gods of that world were real. Instead I thought they were fictional characters from old folklore tales." He added and the twins looked surprised.

Or more, they were more insulted than they were actually surprised.

"You thought...what?!" Akane bellowed while she blasted forth her black feathered wings. Her eyes glowed red and black fog billowed from her wings.

"You... thought...What?!" She shouted and fell to the floor while the three girls they initially tried to calm down, sat in fear.

As well as the ram folk innkeep who had quickly put distance between herself and Akane.

It took Kanrish some quick thinking to alter a copy of {Stun Area} to make it target specific targets. For now {Power Stun} would only hit Akane.