VOL.2 Chapter 18: A stay with royalty.

A long evening and night followed after the official agreement from both sides of the engagement between Princess Pharana Alpenwood of the Eastern Cardinal, and Aelanna Avirae Ashroar.

The main topic of discussion had been the 'how-to' for Aelanna's travelling to and from the Eastern Capital and thus had been a long and winding subject.

A week passed where Aelanna and Pharana both had to take their own preparations.

Aelanna spent her time writing down what to do and how to go about her new position here in both city and Cardinal.

Meanwhile Pharana had been taking her time making appointments with the best jewelers and tailors in the Eastern Capital.

She left nothing to chance about her wedding.

After the first week in the Upper Branches of the Eastern Capital had passed for them, Kanrish told two of his wives he would be out.

In turn, he had rarely spent time with Lyya alone after they had really begun travelling with the twins after the first night since leaving Aldor.

His mind needed one thing to happen with all three women.

They were married, yes.

But Kanrish personally felt the need to still go on the occasional date with them. Even married couples on earth did so.

And while Akane took her pleasure with him recently in Lerwick. Misuki had taken several moments on the road, as had Akane.

But he felt Lyya had been left neglected.

It had left him a sour aftertaste.

So Kanrish asked Cairdh where a good restaurant was for him and Lyya to have some time together.

It had been surprising for Kanrish's idea of a tree city, but there was a proper network of staircases and security posts that ensured one could go up and down floors of the city and still keep safety a high priority.

And so he had taken the liberty to inform Lyya to get into one of her 'fancier' dresses.

Around dinner time they left the mansion and walked two floors down in the city, leaving them swallowed between leaves and branches as they disappeared into the canopy of the tree.

"Feels good to be alone for once, doesn't it...?" Lyya softly spoke as they made their way along the directions Kanrish had received.

"I was pleasantly surprised back in Emono No Machi that you didn't mind sharing me. But it still felt odd to not spent any one on one time with any of you three. I would prefer if this kind of date with each of you alone would be possible more often." Kanrish replied and Lyya softly squeezed his arm as their arms locked while they walked.

A soft giggle escaped her, and she averted her gaze the moment she realized Kanrish had heard it.

"Don't be shy, Dear. This is our time together. Tonight you don't have to share." He softly told her as he stepped in front of her as they slowed down a bit.

She gave him a rosy glance, her cheeks dyed a slight pink she gave him a tight hug as she whispered, "Thank you. I really hope each of us gets these moments with you... Thank you for everything since we left Aldor..." Lyya's hushed voice carried as the couple stood in the street and she pulled him close.

His arms around her, Kanrish met her eyes and smiled silently.

That very moment, Lyya stood up on her tiptoes, being slightly shorter than him, to meet his eyes directly in front of his.