VOL.4 Chapter 26, Betrayal.

"Well, if that's how you want it, Akane... have fun." Kanrish spoke sadistically and grinned at Lyya.

She knew what he meant, this was a situation where the weapon was warranted.

"This bad boy gets far too little screen time, so to say..." He called loudly and brought forth his least used weapon.

Least used because of the worry it caused his three wives, but they too agreed that now, facing these numbers, it was needed.

Magic drifted from his hands, condensing itself into solid shapes and materialized into his most destructive weapon.

"Say hello to my little friend, {Pure Destruction}." With a grin, Kanrish faced an army of archers who took aim at them.

It would only take two trigger pulls and they would be gone, but first, he had someone else to take care of.

"I can kinda guess you aren't the actual overseer here?" Kanrish addressed the woman who had simply snapped her fingers and now wore a completely different outfit. Heavy plate armor of plain steel covered every inch of her body now. She held a ragged tower shield in one hand and bounced a Greatsword on her shoulder.

"Heh, finally figured it out, did ya?" She asked him and Lyya grimaced at the sight of the orcish woman using a greatsword as one handed weapon.

Kanrish, be careful with her, she's no normal orc. No matter their training, they can't use a greatsword like that. She told him telepathically.

Kanrish nodded at that and replied. I figured it would be odd for any race here to use a weapon that heavy as a one-hander.

"How about it? Who hired you?" Akane asked the 'orcish' woman as she stepped in between her and Kanrish, Frozen Reaper drawn and ready to strike.

"Merely a coalition of Nobles from the Cardinal. They hired our guild to be rid of him, and you all, frankly. Assassins guilds have never had such good pay in years, we couldn't refuse this request. Killing an entire Dukedom house and the Queen's wife, who wouldn't sign up!?" She thundered cheerily, actually leaving Kanrish with cold sweat on his back.

"Akane, move... this 'll be done in a moment." She told his wife and she did as he said.

Lyya had taken it upon herself with Misuki and Aelanna to keep Emiko, Alcea, Hapii and Ayame safe, even if the last of those did snipe a bunch of the assassins coming their way with her bow.

"Who wouldn't sign up, eh? I guess anyone who has the brains to realize a normal person can't solo a fucking Demonlord." Kanrish hissed at the orcish woman who grinned.

"About that, this is also revenge. Y'know, I loved my dad a lot. One of the reasons I took lead of this mission."

The orcish woman replied and took off her helmet.

With a faint glow from her eyes, a pair of black horns grew from her scalp and a pair of black scaled, leathery wings broke through the plating on her back.

The creak and whine of metal bending until it simply ripped open echoed around her as two wings and a heavy, scaled tail burst from her armor.

"Vengeance is always the sweetest!" She bellowed and Kanrish grinned at the realization he was about to face off against the daughter of a Demonlord he had already killed.

"Ah well... this'll be too easy if I use that." He muttered when his hotbar came to mind, one of the spells he had set up there was {Kill Command} and for once, he planned on not using it until the woman before him was dead. For her lackeys, he wouldn't mind it, but so far he and Akane had stalled the Demonlord's daughter while the rest were safe behind Lyya, Misuki and Aelanna.