Changes to my Wattpad and Patreon

I know that this can come out of the blue for some people, but both my Patreon and Wattpad will undergo a namechange for 1 simple reason which I will explain in a momen as currently I have trouble getting myself properly into the writer's mindset and dishing out a good chapter when I need it. The chapters currently releasing for Debug took me 4 weeks to get to a point where I could finish them (just to name an example). The day after these chapters/ Patreon post go live, I will change the names on both of them for the reasons I will explain after this. In the week that follows, I have the task to alter all my book covers and re-upload them to Patreon with the altered e-books and the covers to Wattpad where necessary. Might not seem like much altogether, but that is where the 'cause' or source or whatever you might want to call this comes in.

I am currently working with my psychiatrist and the team that works with/ around him to get into the transgender treatment since halfway through December a few events here at home led to my discovery that as woman I feel more like myself. I will spare you all those details, but after that began a time of self-discovery that (yes, I know, worst timing I could have had) was shortly followed by also the quitting of my medications that came later on and those two began to go side-by-side but not influencing each other much. The only actual influence was that because the medications were leaving my system, my emotions were returning and it became apparent to me that for years I had been overcompensating towards 'guyish' behavior since 'that was expected by my parents'.

By now I go through everyday life as a woman and the treatment at VU Amsterdam can help a lot with several things that really bug me about my body's outer appearance (and one that is clear as day to anyone who has seen my profile picture... is my beard growth) that and several other sides of things, both mental and physical are fields where they can offer great help and that is why I am working to sign myself up for it and that is taking up a MASSIVE chunk of time for me, alongside with the discovery of who I am now that I am more aware of myself in this way.

For my writing this won't change anything about the content, style or anything. I'm still a weeb at heart, don't care that Debug is 'technically and litterally' a male-powerfantasy, I still love those stories... the fact that these changes are going on in my life won't change a thing about what and how I write... only for the time being the frequency with which I manage to release chapters and because of that I am grateful for everyone's support here on Wattpad, Patreon and on Discord.

As for the name I will change my Patreon and Wattpad to: AlyssaVanDerKlift.

Those who read The Rebirth of Fenrir will MOST DEFINITELY recognize the name, she is one of the main characters and I did take the name from her after months of consideration and still having the feeling that it rang true for me. That would also mean that ironically I 'indirectly' took up the name of the current vocalist of the metal band Arch Enemy whom I named Alyssa in the book after.

Long story short, a lot is going on in my life at the time, quitting smoking being terribly difficult at this time and thus very present in my mind. A long road of self-discovery that I am walking at the moment and a lot of work to plan out and take care of simply to get the help I need for this. Once that starts to settle down as the things I can/have to do in preparation myself are done, I should be able to get my focus more solidly set on writing at a rate similar to what I used to before all this began so for now I have to ask everyone to bear with me for when chapters release.

To Quote Daisia Cloudcaller as she said in An Elf on Earth: "I guess sometimes revelations about yourself can be your biggest enemy."