Chapter 6: Arrival in Maka'ral, the City of Chains and Shackles.

"How insulting, calling me and Onee-chan slaves... bah" Akane sneered as they were let out of the room after their visas were updated with the Dark Elf city's credentials.

"Easy Akane, they have their own ways for doing stuff here... don't take it too highly..." Kanrish said and looked at Lyya who was hanging a bit behind the three of them.

"Wait a moment, I've got to ask her something..." He continued and stood next to Lyya.

"You seem distracted... what's on your mind?" He asked and Lyya shook her head.

"I'll tell you once we get to an inn." She replied and Kanrish nodded, accepting her request to wait a little.

The four of them wandered the city for a bit.

It seemed the slums were more to the sides of the alleyways and shops lined the streets themselves.

Occasionally there were brothels amidst the shops. "Where are we going to find a normal inn...?" Kanrish asked and stumbled upon a sign.

"Crescent Moon Inn... This should be good enough at least for tonight." He muttered and stepped into the inn.

"What can I get for you four...?" A dark skinned woman asked, elven ears poking from under her bob-cut hair.

"Two rooms please, one with three and one with a single bed..." Lyya blurted out.

"Very well, I'll get your rooms ready; take a seat in the meanwhile and some food will be brought shortly..." The dark elf woman spoke

"Hey you, say, what price for the two non-elven women, they would fetch a nice price as sla... argh!" A burly man asked and silenced himself at the glow of Akane's eyes as Kanrish realized he was trying to buy Misuki and Akane into slavery, obviously not knowing they were Demi-Goddesses.

"If you cherish your life you don't make such suggestions again, I will let her rip you apart..." Kanrish sneered and Akane revealed the red glow on her eyes fully, causing the shadows to start seeping from around her eyes and the man backed up afraid.

"No-one buys any of these women..." Kanrish said and the man sneered at him, "Then you shouldn't have brought those three beauties into the nation's slave capitol."

Suit yourself you're the one who's getting killed if you try anything... Kanrish thought and felt Lyya take his hand. "What's going on here?" She asked and Misuki replied, "That man thought Master was here to sell the three of us as slaves..." She spoke too casually for Kanrish' liking, though.

"And you're confirming the misunderstanding Onee-Chan, I could pick up Kanrish-sama's thoughts... he wanted to kill the man for asking such an insolent question..." Akane interrupted her sister and Kanrish slammed his hand on the table, hissing, "Shut it you two..."

An awkward silence fell over their table as a dark elven girl in tattered clothing came walking up to them with a platter of food for the four of them. "Here's your food sir..." She spoke softly, placing down four plates of food for them.

Taking his plate, Kanrish noticed a note under the edge of his plate. Sliding it off the table he unfolded it underneath the table.

I wish to ask you to free me and my sister from our slaver here, we are about to be sold to a slave's brothel. Please sir, we will repay you in any way we can.

The note read with a crudely drawn map of the inn on it with a back door marked with some strange symbols.

"Lyya what do those symbols mean?" He asked and showed her the note, "You are planning on doing that? Really have you gone mad...?" She asked in a hushed voice and Kanrish nodded, "gone mad, no, I won't let them sell those girls into prostitution, though... they may have been labeled slaves, but they're still people..." He replied and Akane nodded.