VOL.3 An attack from unexpected folks.

Kanrish had immediately picked up his broadsword and brandished it. While Lyya woke the twins and Aelanna, she quickly informed them of the situation.

"Seems we have company... came here to lay with some of the pretty bird girls, did we?" The slaver called to Kanrish who was the only one who stood outside while the soldiers rode their horses around and began to herd the harpies into a corner.

"You have no right to take these people as slaves. You damned scumbag, who do you think you are?!" Kanrish shouted as he conjured a rifle in one hand while he still held onto his sword in the other.

"Oh, me, just the owner of Maka'ral's largest brothel chain. I came here for some good merchandise requested by my clients." The man spat back as Akane stepped from the door opening, no clothing on her body other than her underwear and a chest wrap she slept in here. Her hand clasped around the hilt of the Frozen Reaper and she immediately began to fuel it with her mana.

"Honey, may I?" She asked Kanrish, while putting on an innocent smile towards him. When he nodded the innocent smile contorted into a wicked grin and Akane began her dance of death.

Kanrish gave her back-up fire to keep those soldiers who flanked her off his wife and the two of them had partially halted the advance of the slaver's party into the village.

A sudden blast of flame amidst the many soldiers struck Akane whose maddened laughter filled the air as she was perfectly in her domain.

She did not heed her opponents as the Frozen Reaper claimed soul after soul. Akane got lashed at with cursed and powerful enchanted sabres, but nothing could truly harm her.

One soldier though managed to hit her good. His blade stuck into her back and out through her left breast. His wicked smile soon turned to a frightened expression as he lashed the blade out of her body through her side.

The man must have been certain she would die from an injury like that, but to his dismay, the wound knitted itself shut in mere seconds as Akane turned around looking at her breast, where it was now visible through her chest wrap.

A single sweep of her blade felled the man and Misuki also took her sword in one hand, and the enchanted wedding ring on the other conjured her fire arm. While she and Kanrish provided Akane with rear line support, Lyya and Aelanna struck down the slavers that had been lashing at the male harpies and hounding the women into a corner.

One by one, the many soldiers fell, unable to stop Akane in her graceless dance as she cut them down one after the other.

The many soldiers grew restless and wished to retreat, but as they made moves to do so, the slaver who had accompanied them barked an order at them.

He forced most of them to return to their deaths without as much as a choice; those who did resist soon fell to the ground in agonizing pain as their bodies writhed while their muscles gave out in response to something.

"All of them... th-th-they're all slaves; their marks are acting up because they intend to refuse the order given." Misuki explained at Kanrish' confused glances at the fallen men who lashed their limbs without control like they were having a severe seizure.

Their faces contorted in pure agony until a black chain of deep black smoke formed around their throats and cut through them, severing their heads as they refused to obey their master.

The battle continued whether the man simply slew his own soldiers or because they faced an opponent they could not kill. In his growing frustration, the man began to chant a spell and Misuki sneered next to Kanrish.

"Good luck you sickening filth!" She shouted and with a single snap of her fingers, his black magic that was growing between his hands imploded without any effect.