Chapter 11: 'Official Business'.

Later that day, Kanrish and the group were invited to the Elder's home, since the entire town wished to thank the travelers who had shown up and protected the town from yet another raid with more tenacity than the townsfolk ever could have mustered.

"I must thank you and your companions for your effort in defending the town yesterday. Since we have been putting up a fight against the raids with their current frequency of at least one a week, our numbers have grown regretfully thin." The elder spoke making a bow to the group.

A small nod to his rabbit eared assistant to his left, the man rose again.

His assistant did look familiar to Kanrish, it was when she returned that he realized she was the woman who had given them the clothing for Ayame Emiko and Hapii.

"As thanks we wish to grant you and your party this..." He gestured at the scroll the woman was holding.

Lyya stepped up to the woman who was clearly surprised Kanrish did not read it himself, but instead stood waiting anxiously.

"Sorry, I can't read..." He answered to the Elder's surprised stare.

The wolf folk man nodded silently in return and Lyya gasped.

"Is something wrong?" Kanrish asked and Lyya brought out her guild card.

"They wish to request a mission for the guild, which can be issued here..." Lyya said and Kanrish nodded, taking his own guild card from his inventory.

"Let's talk business..." He answered and the Elder told the group to sit down as his assistant brought out a crystal slab similar to what most Adventurers Guilds used.

Handing their Guild Cards to the assistant Kanrish and Lyya received the 'mission' inscribed into the cards after they had heard the details.

"So that's it, you want us to protect the town for the coming week so your people can recover part of their lost morale?" Lyya asked and the Elder nodded.

"In return we will see to your group's very needs to the best of our doing."

This was certainly an unusual request, but then again, their group was already an enemy of the nation he would be defending the town from.

"Very well... we'll do it." Kanrish said in pure determination and a young girl came running into the room.

"Elder, they're back!" She yelled in panic and Kanrish turned to see the cat girl he had seen the day before.

Now, here was a problem. Kanrish had not slept that last night and his companions had been wasted on wine. Well at least the three women and Hapii could fight, but for himself.

There lay an uncertainty. After a long night coding, he was not sure if he was up to the task of fighting of the enemy at this point in time.

"How many Amy...?" The elder asked and the girl shook her head.

"About twenty guards, and ten mages... I can't keep dispelling their teleportation spells they are preparing..." She said panting and Kanrish had an idea pop into mind

"I need some back up to drive all the enemies into one area you are willing to sacrifice. I'll blow them to shit there... it'll be over in no-time" He said and the elder stared in shock.

"We can't sacrifice an entire part of our town... what are you planning?" The man said and Kanrish summoned {Pure Destruction}

"This will tear right through their ranks, but I have small amounts of time to use it and it takes its toll on me so I need to take care of it in one go..." He added and the girl waved at him to follow.