Chapter 14: Raid on the wrong Inn.

The last brutal attack the from the foolish mercenary that day had left Kanrish sticking close to the anxious Lyya who refused to let go of his arm as they made their way back to the inn they stayed at.

"You can all get some rest, I'll take watch right now..." He spoke as all three of his fiancées, the two dark elf sisters and the harpy sleeping on the bed for safety reasons, while he sat with a machine gun in hand on the chair next to the bed.

The night rolled on but his {Scan Area} kept an eye out for him.

Anyone who came into the inn appeared on a tactical map. And all who moved about outside the inn as well.

For a few hours things went smoothly. No commotion inside the inn or just outside. Not much happened but eventually a clash came from outside their room.

"Fuck... they're here..." Kanrish whispered taking aim at the door in front of him.

The five red dots on his {Tactical Overlay} moved fast. They were clearly looking for something.

Or most likely, one person in this room. Kanrish took his eyes off his map briefly and smiled at the bundle of people he felt he had to protect on the bed when his {Scan Area} triggered an alarm outside the door.

"Damn it..." He whispered and gazed down the visor as the bashing against the door grew louder.

"Kanrish, Baby, what is th-..." Akane started but he gestured for silence moments before the door was bashed in and two men stormed into the room.

"One, two. Aim for the next... three. {Charge {Magic Missile}}, Aim fire. Guide to final targets..." Kanrish narrated his fight in mere moments.

With a flash of light the two attackers fell limply to the ground.

"Huh...?" Came the drowsy call from Ayame who woke up from the gun fire.

"We need to move quickly, Ayame, wake the rest I'll guard the hall..." Kanrish said, but was interrupted as another woman with leather armor and a long sword stepped into the door opening.

"Way... damn it just piss off damned mercs!" Kanrish bellowed while unloading a barrage of shots, partially through the wall and doorpost.

Moments later the rest of the group was awake again. Kanrish had suggested they sleep with clothing on and only take off the hardened materials such as steel or hard leather.

And so the group was on the move relatively quick.

Bang!

A shot echoed through the hallway. A splatter of blood ahead and a body without head slumped onto the floor's landing at the stairs.

Crimson liquid began pooling around the corpse as Kanrish told the girls to wait back while he went to investigate the staircase.

"Callum, wha's goin' on, ye get the bastard yet?" A crude voice, clearly not the innkeeper called from below.

A quick look at his {Tactical Overlay} betrayed green dots in the rooms along the hallway.

He had six blue ones behind him in the hallway and a couple of red ones ahead with one just off to the side of the stairs.

Crouching down in line with his target, Kanrish tried to figure out where the fool would be and unleashed several volleys of shots in the general direction.

The shattering of wood and gurgling screams were accompanied by shouts of shock.

"Akane, Misuki... get your wings out let's show these fools who they're dealing with..." Kanrish spoke as he ushered everyone to the stairs.