VOL.4 Chapter 6, Nephiëlle's grace.

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

With a visual distortion that even Kanrish had yet to get fully used to, he and Emiko and Hapii appeared in the middle of the field that was the 'market square' equivalent in the harpy village of Blackfeather Mesa, Hapii's former hometown.

Startled squawks came from many of the harpies who were around the trio who appeared from a magic formation that suddenly shimmered amidst the grass.

"Ugh... that feels horrible..." Emiko complained once the teleportation had finished and she felt her gut churn at the discomforting feeling and vision that came with it.

"Hyuuugh... not nice, not nice... Hapii's gonna..." As she was about to announce it, the harpy girl was already too late and hurled her breakfast onto the dirt ground before her. "...hurl..." She muttered, wiping her mouth with her wing, a grimace on her face.

"Kasan, you could have told Hapii it was this unpleasant!" Hapii exclaimed and the harpies around them, manning their small stalls or out to buy food, exclaimed in joy at the realization of the people who had suddenly appeared among them again.

"I'll go get the Matriarch!" A female harpy exclaimed and leapt into the void that hung near them, the depth of what was the Thunder-Ridge Canyons Kanrish and his family had travelled through for a long time.

"Sylise!" Multiple harpy children exclaimed while they ran for the three who had appeared in their midst.

While Kanrish had so far held both girls' hand to ensure they would be taken along, he felt Emiko looking around in a frenzy, probably hoping to find her crush, only to slump her shoulders after a few moments.

"Aw, where is she?" Emiko muttered softly and Hapii meanwhile stood eagerly hopping from one claw to the other while she waited for her mother to arrive on the 'mainland' section of the village.

"Calm down Emiko, we need to be welcomed first. Even you'd know their routine when a visitor arrives by now." Kanrish softly said to his daughter who still glanced from one harpy to the next, passing all the men among them, simply hoping to spot that one harpy she hoped to see again.

"I know, I know..." Emiko replied annoyed, both by her father's patronizing remark and the fact she couldn't spot Nerophys anywhere.

"I know we have to wait for the Matriarch to welcome us as guests, the same happened back then... I-I... I just want to see Nerophys again..." She muttered while still glancing around with the hope she might spot the harpy somewhere in the gathering crowd around them.

"Nero... where are you... I miss you..." Emiko muttered to no-one in particular, but a murmur sprouted amidst the by-standing harpies and yet went unnoticed by the nervous dark elf.