VOL.3 Unexpected explanations in the aftermath.

Akane felt a piercing, emotional pain when she saw Kanrish aim one of his weapons at the massive sword being swung at him. Lyya who sat curled up against her let out a deafening scream of terror as she saw the massive sword rapidly close in on their husband's neck. It was a sudden bang from his weapon, that Kanrish made the entire sword vanish mere moments before it would have ripped him to shreds.

Her own affinity with the 'Divine element of Death' had made Akane immensely uncomfortable as she had seemingly felt a strong presence that rendered itself against her. The towering undead that wound up attacking them within hours of that gut wrenching discomfort had ticked her off in a way she had never before experienced. Her own fear of losing Kanrish at that moment had completely rendered her unable to move and then he almost got cleaved in two.

When her muscles finally released their dreadful tension, Akane felt the quivering body of Lyya who had clenched her eyes shut behind her hands when she saw the blade come down at their husband. "Lyya-Chan, i-i-it's o-okay..." Akane stammered and Lyya carefully opened her eyes. Only to see the towering undead collapse and Kanrish stood panting on the driver's seat of their carriage. Aelanna rose to her feet behind the pile of charred bones and orichalchium armor. The breastplate the monster had worn was ripped open, the helmet was deformed from gunfire.

But most importantly to all three women who sat together in the carriage, Lyya's fear, Akane's dreaded worries, and Misuki who held a worried pile of three frightened children together, neither of them dared to look at Kanrish where he stood and simply dropped his butt onto the driver's seat.

It was the sound of shattering glass as his conjured weapons fell from his grip and broke that Lyya carefully opened her eyes. Peeking between the fingers as she had her face covered, She saw the back of her husband on the small seat for the driver.

"Kan-Kan!... Baby you scared me!" She screamed and lunged at him to feel his warm skin against her own. A reassuring feeling she needed that his heart was still beating. He had come out of the battle with the monstrous undead unscathed, but nonetheless all three women insisted on 'safety checking' him for any unnoticed injuries.

"Lyya, I'm telling you, I'm fine, I teleported that sword twenty yards... that way... I had not even taken a single blow from tha-... Anyway what the fuck was that hulking skeleton freak... And where the fuck does that kind of nonsense come from suddenly!?" Kanrish retorted when he finally managed to push Lyya's worried physical inspection off of him. "Th-th-that w-was a... a..." Lyya began to reply and found herself unable to say the name of what kind of monster had attacked them.

Taking a deep gulp, she shivered heavily at the thought of fighting something like what had just attacked them. With a frightened look in her eyes, she looked up at Kanrish who stood before the carriage where he had been trying to comfort all three of his wives. "A... A Death Lord. One of the most powerful undead to rise at graveyards. They are..." She spoke and began to sob until Lyya was the first of his three wives to burst into tears.

"Kan-Kan... you really scared me like that... I thought I was about to lose you..." She spoke with catching and broken voice. Sobs shook her body as Kanrish pulled Lyya against him and gave the twins a calming nod. The twins calmly returned to see how Aelanna was doing while Kanrish sat down against a shattered tree stump with Lyya.

"S-rank... you... mindlessly went at..." She simply sat muttering in his embrace as Kanrish held Lyya in his arms. Her tears stained the shoulder of his shirt wet as she cried her relief that he was alright.

After Aelanna and the twins had settled the 'loot' from the Death Lord, Akane knelt next to Lyya and Kanrish. "We got all the orichalchium from that thing... Did you want to retrieve the sword? I can keep an eye on Lyya-Chan for awhile." She spoke and placed a calming hand on Lyya's shoulder.