VOL.3 Insecurities.

After a long discussion, Lyya was the one to abruptly end it. "How about we just take our time and just get some rest while we're here?!" She proclaimed loudly and everyone agreed, seeing it made the most sense now they had to wait for the reward ceremony.

"Kanrish, can you come with me a moment?" She followed up, extending a hand to him, which he calmly took.

With a strong pull, Lyya hauled him to his feet and walked out the living room with him. Although she had been rather angry with him for something recently, the sudden events after they had arrived in the Cardinal again had, in Kanrish mind, somewhat pushed those arguments to the side.

"What am I to you?" Lyya suddenly asked him when they were out of earshot from everyone, stopping and pulling him in front of her. "What are you to me? Lyya, I love you just as much as I love the twins, you're one of three mothers in our family." He replied and she shook her head. "That's not what I mean dumbass." She spoke coldly and repeated her question, although differently.

"Besides a lover and a mother, what am I in our group?" She asked and Kanrish could only gulp at the question. It suddenly connected in his mind.

She was feeling uncertain because of how strong their group had grown. The twins were Demi-Goddesses and had immense magical and physical power. Aelanna was a, although former, elder of a feared tribe of weretigers. Their three kids had even outshined Lyya in terms of raw combat power.

"Why does this suddenly bother you, if you have a place in combat or not should not make much of a difference with our family, right?" Kanrish asked her and she shook her head.

"That's exactly the problem. The twins and you take care of most of the battles. Aelanna always keeps the kids safe... and me as well!" She shouted, tears springing from her eyes as she leaned her forehead against Kanrish.

"We can see where you can stand on the battlefield, but I would rather you keep the kids safe with Aelanna as I intended than have you risk your life on the frontlines. Can you at least understand that Lyya, I worry more for you when you face massive opponents like I do with the twins. Misuki is a magical powerhouse, if at times a bit random. Akane is literally immune to injuries and she just knits herself shut again like we saw in the harpy village. And I'm such a broken thing in terms of powerbalance I have every right to be nerfed the living hell out of. But I also want my wives to be happy and safe. I have no intentions of letting you risk your life to prove yourself, there is no need for that, Sweetie." Kanrish said and Lyya collapsed in his arms, crying and wailing as he sat down with her on a chair in the corridor they stood in.

Simply letting Lyya cry as she wanted, all Kanrish did for her, was keep her company.

So, she was growing uncertain of what she was good for in our group? He thought and felt Lyya's fingers dig into his sleeves as she clung onto him for life's sake. Like he was a fleeting memory.

"I don't want to lose you, Kanrish..." She spoke with catching and broken voice as she looked up at him. "I'll always be here for you, just like for the twins. I'm not abandoning anyone of my family, we've come way too far for that now." He said and she smiled a heartbroken smile through her tears.

When a bell began tolling above them, Kanrish looked up from Lyya's face, she had camly fallen asleep in his arms, so he picked her up like he had Akane earlier and carried her to the same room.

Laying her next to his other sleeping wife, Kanrish gave them both a gentle kiss and returned to the rest of the family, or so he expected to.

Arriving in the living room, only Misuki was left there, Ayame and Hapii had apparently gone to enjoy a bath and Emiko and Alcea had gone to Emiko's room to talk.