Chapter 12: A Lucky Shot.

A day had passed since leaving Emono no Machi for the far Western Plains and the group was traveling the past three hours at a steady pace.

The town had been able to provide them with a horse and wagon as final gratitude for saving the village.

Although Kanrish had no experience with steering a horse drawn carriage, luckily Lyya had learned as a kid and offered to take the reins.

In the back of the wagon, sat Kanrish with the two dark elf girls, his other two fiancées and Hapii, who seemed a bit to hyper for a simple wagon ride.

The steady sound of the horses hooves trotting on the dirt below rolled over the open plains as they went their way.

It was later that day, the first of the wyvern nests came into view.

A grim sight it was for sure, the 'nests' were a close resemblance to a giant bird's nest... but made from bones.

Scattered all around were the cracked shells of the eggs as they tied the horse to a nearby tree and continued to close in on the cliff-side nesting ground.

"Get ready, this'll be nasty..." Kanrish spoke while summoning his sniper rifle.

"I need someone to cover my back... meanwhile, Misuki, go have fun killing wyverns. Akane, you too. Lyya care to back me up?" He continued and the two Demi-Goddesses rushed forward, their swords drawn.

Akane also had her pistol out and fired multiple shots as she ran.

"They're getting the hang of those weapons..." Lyya said as Kanrish took aim with his sniper.

Misuki, there's a nest with an adult in it to your right, lure it out, one shot'll be enough for me... Kanrish told her and she gave a mental confirmation while leaping forty feet into the air with the aid of her wings.

A single pistol whip as she aimed and fired at the beast in the nest, mostly obscured from Kanrish, a deafening roar came over them and the party began.

"Shit, this ain't no Wyvern... it's a fucking young green dragon... Master, I'll need back-up...!" Misuki yelled as she lunged backwards with a fierce stroke of her wings.

At that moment the shimmer of green scales shot up past her.

"Fuck, fuck... damn it this is not what we had planned..." Kanrish shouted and adjusted his aim.

The dragon was faster than the wyverns would be and a lot fiercer of an opponent but a single good shot would take care of it.

"Damn it... stay still long enough..." He muttered and kept trailing the huge beast of at least eight times Misuki's size as it flew around the battlefield.

Misuki, Akane... get back here, I need more cover and a clear sky ahead of me... rush back and stay on the ground... He told both women and saw Misuki fly down rapidly while Akane struggled with another green dragon.

"Argh fucking hell, nothing's going to plan here... Fuck this shit... Misuki, Akane drop down, we're getting some destruction!" Kanrish yelled lowering the sniper from his shoulder as it shifted.

"Please be careful..." Lyya whispered from behind and Kanrish nodded.

"No need to go berserk like previously; single shots only this time..." His reply gave her some calm and he brought up his {visor} mod on his left eye.

"Go fuck yourselves damned dragons, you two weren't part of the assignment!" He shouted as he got the first of the two into his {visor}.

"Align the barrel, charge the round and... fire!"