VOL.2 Chapter 11: Woodland Banditry.

[Autor's Note]
Amazing. Already at 1k reads for Debug. Fenrir is closing in on the 800. This is a milestone for me. Never had I expected to get his much response when I began writing on wattpad again.

Thank you to all who have been reading Debug from the beginning and those who joined later... Welcome to this madness.

Now... [Roll initiative]

While he woke from his slumber, Kanrish felt the carriage shaking him rather roughly as they went on their way along the roads of the Southern Forest.

He had gotten used to the shaking, but somehow he had fallen asleep after an entire night he had spent awake in Akane's arms as she held him tight while she slept.

The sounds of local predators had kept him on edge and awake throughout all three guard shifts, the first and second with Misuki and Aelanna respectively. And the third guard shift as well, where Pharana's guards had taken watch.

"Hey Baby, finally awake again huh?" Lyya sat leaning against his side as he stretched himself.

"Did anything happen so far?" Kanrish asked drowsily and she shook her head lightly.

"Nothing interesting. Did cross another flock of runner eagles, but they ignored us again." Lyya spoke while she gave him a quick kiss on his lips and rose to her feet.

"We are however, about to reach a place to set up a simple camp for lunch." Lyya spoke calmly as Misuki pulled the reins to slow down the horses abruptly, while throwing several profane complaints.

"Whadda we got 'ere ey. I think da boss'll enjoy a pale beauty like ya..." A strange man's voice came from the front of the carriage, shortly followed by a gurgled shout. "Sis, how about we take care of this scum?" Misuki called into the carriage and Akane gave a quick smile.

"With pleasure, Onee..." With a grimace of joy, she pushed out her black feathered wings and leapt through the opening at the front in the large canvas covering their carriage's bed.

"D-d-demon!" Several shouts came from the group that had halted them and several mouths were violently silenced.

"Kanrish, Darling. Does this calm you enough to let me and Onee handle the fighting while you recover?" Akane asked after a series of gruesome sounding silencing of shouts and screams.

Rising to his feet and looking over the driver's seat where she stood, Kanrish could see seventeen men.

Dead men that is.

All wore similar ragged, leather armor.

A single one of them wore tattered cloth clothes and had a staff, snapped in half, lying near his corpse.

As he looked at the carnage his two wives had performed, Kanrish slowly began to feel his gag-reflex kick in, before he turned away from the battlefield.

"Sit down, Baby, we'll clean this up." Akane spoke while she gave him a slight pat on the shoulder while he returned to Lyya's side in the carriage.

The sounds of corpses being thrown off the road itself and into the shrubbery nearby filled the air and soon Akane's roaring voice could be heard as she shouted after receiving an insult.

"Eh, ye black haired slut, ye juz obedientleh git o'er 'ere an' just lemme hook s'me chains to ya!" A crude voice shouted and Kanrish felt his blood boil.

"It'll burn only briefly so ye ain't got nothin' teh worry 'bout... da is 'till I sell ye to da brothels!" The voice shouted and Kanrish felt the wave of Akane's aura radiate over them.