VOL.3 Nearing the Frostbrand Tundra.

[Author's note]

The official pre-release for both Rebirth of Fenrir and Debugging Another World VOL.1 is drawing near. februari 14th both will be available for the Patrons of the Overpowered Protag tier on my Patreon, one month later, on march 14th it will be available to all patrons of the Valkyrie of the Baerne Family and Lirian Adventurer tiers respectively. If you wish to support my writing and purchase the fully edited ebooks, please consider subscribing to one of the tiers available, it would help me a great deal.

Roll for initiative...

[The Story]

After Aelanna had left, teleporting to her wife a long, long distance from where they were, Kanrish sat outside the carriage with Lyya who had been scolding him for about three hours straight.

She was enraged at the fact he wanted to make up for his mistakes with Akane and left her and Misuki out of that.

After that 'probem' had been solved through force by Aelanna's statement as she vanished in a flash of light, Kanrish had to apologize more than just a little to his two angred wives.

But eventually, he simply had to explain why his initial reaction was to just promise to Akane.

"Darlings, I freaked out when I saw Akane crying blood after we left that crumbling palace. I had no idea what happened, but when I learned what caused it, my own stupidity, I felt I had to at least make amends with her. I truly am sorry and it is no excuse, but in my panic, I didn't think of you two. My mind was focused on her horrible state, leaving me feeling horrible inside as well, just for having caused it. I am sorry for forgetting about you both, I never meant to treat any of you three different from the others." He explained and Lyya's expression grew grim.

"Kasan, can you come help us for a moment?" Ayame's voice rang out from the simple stove they had made with loose stones found around the area, since they would be staying in one place for a while.

"I'll be right there!" Lyya called in return and rose to her feet, giving Kanrish one final angry glare before she left him and Misuki to their own devices.

On the other side of their camp, Ayame and Emiko were busy preparing a simple lunch.

Although it was simple lunch, it was rather complicated for an on-the-road meal, since the girls had really learned to adapt their cooking skills from the inn in Maka'ral to their on-the-road state as their family now had become.

While Lyya helped the two sisters, Kanrish gave Misuki a worried glance.

"Will Akane really be alright?" He asked, his voice weak without strength because of his worries.

"I'll be fine, it will just take a few weeks, but I'll be stuck like this for the time being." Akane replied from inside the carriage and Kanrish rose to his feet.

"I'll be right there Akane." He said and gave a slight nod to Misuki before he climbed aboard the carriage that served as their mobile home.

"How are you doing?" Kanrish asked as soon as he saw Akane grimace, trying to roll onto her side.

"Seen better times." She replied with pained voice and Kanrish helped her onto her side, like he did every now and then so she could get off her wings.

"But why is it that you can't retract your wings now? All I know is that because of that power they had to manifest, but why can't you hide them now?" He asked and Akane smiled at him, albeit it being a smile completely devoid of any happiness.

"Because that requires a slight amount of my Divinity to even do. And right now, all my remaining Divinity is in use for keeping me alive." She replied and let go of a small sigh before weakly reaching her hand or Kanrish' leg as he sat next to her.