VOL.4 Chapter 2, The 'root' of the problem.

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

The first day after Akane and Misuki had been whisked off by Inari, Kanrish felt an odd 'emptiness' inside their mansion. With suddenly two people less around, the place felt a lot larger and a lot emptier.

Both he and Lyya shared the opinion that their bed was far too big for just the two of them. And yet, they would be stuck with just that for a month.

"Kanrish, do you think the twins'll be alright?" Lyya asked him and Kanrish nodded at her.

"I think Inari would prefer not too piss off a mortal who is on par with... oh shit!" He suddenly cut himself off at a drastic realization.

"What is it Kan-Kan?" Lyya asked worriedly at his sudden outburst.

"We all know I'm not from Liria so I can explain this I guess." Kanrish said as he dropped back into the couch he had just jumped up from.

"You know my old job, Y'know, before I died and got here, was to maintain a game-balance and help people who found problems in-game, the same as my hobby of making games as well. The 'coding' you've seen me do a lot is all based around that." He explained and Lyya nodded, yet she only understood small fragments of it.

"I have noticed in both development as admin work, that a game's balance is a very precarious thing... I'm doing the very opposite here from what I got paid for previously!" Kanrish exclaimed suddenly and Lyya gave a startled response to his outburst.

"I'm about the biggest balancing issue this world has right now... I would, by all means, deserve a serious nerf." He muttered and gave Lyya a smirk as he brought out his phone again.

"I'm planning on trying something, but it'll be risky." He said with a grin and Lyya gave him a worried look as he brought forth his {Code Console} again, for the first time since a long time.

"S-Sweetie, what are you planning?" Lyya asked him with trembling voice and Kanrish gave her a cold calculated smile.

"Something I'm sure Inari has overlooked." Was his reply as he began to dive into his own code.

For one thing, he was, luckily, written in Java, unlike the twins, but he still gave a lot of errors probably because of a different code structure and the fact that his existence like this meant two languages had to work together.

Diving into the code of his own existence, Kanrish began to make notes, see what he could find, if he could even find what he was looking for.

And if Inari had overlooked the same thing Android had in his old life, he had a life-line to save his own ass.