Chapter 11. The divorce announcement.

Knightly's  P.O.V

I tried so hard to find another way to solve the problem of not knowing who our enemies were but couldn't. After subtly questioning the other packs about this matter we determined that the packs didn't know anything about it. They thought that we were living in peaceful times which made me more worried because everything seemed too easy. I would have never in my life agreed with Micah about the separation if we didn't have any other choice.

Micah wanted to separate as soon as possible so he could complete this mission as quickly as possible but we both knew that this mission wasn't going to be easy because our enemies were going to wait out to see if we were truly separated. Who knew how long it would take them to approach Micah. We both knew that hearing bad things about their father was going to take a toll on the pups so we decided to talk to the pups about our plans before we carried them out.

I was now left without a personal assistant due to Alec's early delivery of his son but luckily Alec had been training someone who joined our pack recently to take over his post. I had never met this person before but Alec told me that he was reliable, well educated and hardworking. Alec was going to take over his post once he came back and make this person his own personal assistant seeing how he had to train to fight in his true form from now on.

Micah had asked me to come home early so we could talk to the pups about our separation when i arrived home. So i was already busy looking through the files that Alec had already prepared for me a day earlier regarding my businesses. I really hoped that my new personal assistant would arrive soon so he could organize a press conference for me to announce our divorce. I didn't want to do it myself because that meant that i would have to call the media houses myself and that could come off as boosting about it. And our goal was to shock the world with the announcement anyway.

I tried to push the whole separation issue to the back of mind after a while and tried carry on with my work but couldn't because i could already sense what Micah was about to go through. People didn't know him and i was afraid to even think about how people would react when they heard the reason why we separated. I didn't want to use this as a reason for our separation but Micah told me that this reason was going to have the most effect on people.

I already knew that the people who were close to us and loved us would never choose to believe that Micah cheated on me but there was still a fear in my heart. I pushed the files that i was going through angrily away from me when i couldn't take it anymore then thought to myself why am i working so hard if i can't even keep my mate and pups happy. I then stood up from my desk and went to stand in front of my huge office window while buttoning up my suit jacket.

I then stuck my hands in the pockets of my pants and sighed while looking at the amazing pack grounds i worked so hard to build since i was just twelve years old. I knew that it was my duty as the king to keep everyone safe but didn't my family have the right to be happy too i asked myself. "Don't worry Knigh" i heard Star suddenly say in the back of my mind and he then continued with "We're going to make sure that all our enemies are eliminated this time. We will tear them apart one by one with our sharp teeth and then bathe in their blood so no one will ever think about separating us from our mate again".

Star then started emitting his powers menacingly and i couldn't help to join him too. Star was right, the only thing Micah and i had to do was keep this whole façade up until we knew who our real enemies were. I was going to make sure that we lived a peaceful life after that because Micah had gone through enough. I suddenly heard someone knock on the front door of my office and commanded "Come in" in my alpha king's voice.

I could immediately feel the hesitation in the person who was standing in front of my office because of my voice and tried to control my emotions. The door slowly opened and i frowned at the person who was now standing in my office. I could instantly sense that he was an omega and there was no doubt that he was beautiful. He looked sophisticated in his black three piece suit but his whole demeanor started to irritate me because he just stood there while staring at me.