Chapter 67. Lucifer's dilemma Part 2

Micah's P.O.V

Lidia's picture above (Micah's mother)

Mike's picture above (Micah's father)

We went home after the whole ordeal with the tv station and I tried not to think about the aftermath of the announcement because I had other things on my mind. I was glad that Sylvia and her mother were done preparing lunch by the time we came home and instantly asked them to set up the table when I sensed that Ignatius and Aadya were about to cry because of how hungry they were. I had tried to call out to the moon goddess on our whole way home but she didn't respond to me. I had a feeling that she was avoiding me so tried to come up with a better way to contact her.

Noah came home with us and I could sense that he was looking intently at me while I was trying to feed the crying Aadya. "What's wrong, my baby Aadya?" I asked Aadya when she didn't stop crying and she then answered my question while sobbing with "My teeth hurt papa". I quickly said "Open your mouth and say "Aa" Aadya" when I heard what Aadya said and then added while looking into Aadya's mouth "She's teething Knigh, I think her canines are sharpening". Knightly quickly stood up while picking up Ignatius who was sitting on his lap and then walked to Aadya to examine her canines. Canines were the most painful teeth to grow in pups and even if Althea healed her sibling, Aadya would still need Knightly or me around her to endure the irritation that she was going to feel.

I groaned inwardly because it was like the moon goddess had done this on purpose to make sure that I couldn't seek her. I hugged Aadya tightly and then started rocking her when she started scratching her head in irritation and pain. Ignatius and the other pups looked in concern at their baby sister and Knightly then said to them while stroking Aadya's head "Don't worry pups, your baby sister will start feeling better soon". I could feel that the other pups didn't have the appetite to eat anymore and smiled when Sylvia's mother put a small bowl full of porridge in front of me for Aadya. I started stroking Aadya's back to ease her pain and then said to her "Try to eat this baby Aadya". Aadya slowly opened her mouth and everyone sighed in relief when she swallowed the porridge.

Knightly then looked at the other pups and said "Eat up pups". I was glad when the pups started happily eating again and heard Noah then ask me "I know that you can't wait to talk to the moon goddess about Lucifer, Micah so how are you going to handle this situation with Aadya?" I knew that Noah was asking me this question because he knew that our pups didn't like anyone other than close family members touching them when they were teething and looked in Knightly's direction for a solution. "I'll take her to the office with me Micah, I have only meetings lined up for today and people already know the truth about us so it won't be a problem".