Chapter 28 A glimmer of hope Part 2

Micah's P.O.V

Ryker Barton was standing with two sharp swords in his hands like he would cut us in half if we approached the trailer and the pups were looking in amusement at him. "I have been fighting off vampires since they attacked our home so there is no way in hell that I'll let anyone hurt my parents now" yelled Ryker and I heard Knightly chuckle. Knightly then said while unbuttoning his suit jacket and loosening his tie "You're very brave and strong for a human Ryker Barton, I'll give you that but you'll have to let us handle the situation with your parents from now on".

"Over my dead body" yelled Ryker and Ignatius ran towards him the moment Ryker uttered those words to kill him. I quickly grabbed Ignatius by his shoulder then said to him "No, you can't kill him fiery one". Ignatius frowned in response at me and he started giggling when I looked at him in anger in return. He then hugged my leg and said "Sorry papa" while I stroked his head. I then looked into Caleb's direction and said "My father is right Ryker Barton, it would be best to kill your parents now seeing how much they have already suffered".

I saw Caleb shaking his head in fear and he then ran towards Ryker. Great, I thought to myself when I saw Caleb open the trailer's door and then jump into it. We couldn't destroy the whole trailer with his parents in it now even if we wanted too. I heard Knightly then say "You have done enough for your parents Ryker Barton and I'm sure that even you realize that you can't let your parents live like this". "That's why I came to look for you and I thought that you would help us cure them but what a disappointment that turned out to be" yelled Ryker and I could sense that Knightly's wolf Star was ready to rip Ryker's head off.

"Control yourself, Knigh" I said to Knightly through our mind link before he could do something to Ryker and then added "Don't forget that we need to find out who told him that he could come to you for help". I heard Knightly sigh and he then replied to me with "I understand love but I'll tear him from limb to limb if he keeps annoying me". I heard my father then ask Ryker "Who told you that Knightly Silverstone could help you cure your parents Ryker Barton?" "No one" yelled Ryker annoyed and then added "I heard one of the vampires who attacked us mention his name while feeding on my father and it seemed like they were afraid of him so I thought that Knightly Silverstone was surely the one who could help us".

I could sense a swarm of vampires approaching us the moment Ryker uttered those words and heard Knightly growl loudly as response. I knew that the vampires wouldn't be able to breach my barrier but it would be best to handle the situation as quickly as possible I thought to myself. Cacus suddenly appeared in front of us and then said while kneeling down before me "I just received information about the vampires successfully turning two humans into vampires my kings. Their names are Joanna and Grant Barton and they're from Arizona". Knightly put his hand up to stop Cacus from talking and then asked him "Do you mean the judge Grant Barton and the district attorney Joanna Barton, Cacus?"

Cacus replied to Knightly with "Yes, my king" and then continued with "My men have discovered that this whole plan to attack the Barton's was formulated by someone close to them. Their goal was obviously to turn the whole family into vampires but it seems like the Barton's son Ryker fought them off and killed many vampires in the process. The vampires only managed to turn the parents into vampires and they took the youngest son with them who was later rescued by the angels as you already know".

I heard Ryker gasp when he heard that Caleb was saved by angels and Cacus looked startled into his direction. I immediately sensed what was going on when I saw Cacus staring intently at Ryker and said "Leave him alone Cacus" to stop him from getting distracted. I heard my father then ask Cacus "Did your men find out what the motive behind this heinous act was Cacus?" Cacus shook his head at my father then replied to him with "No, head angel Lockwood they didn't but I have a feeling that it has something to do about the Barton's positions in Arizona. My men and I already knew that there were some supernatural creatures locked up in their prison and we have been monitoring them for quite a while now. They seem harmless at first but we all know how cruel and calculating my kind can be. And what's more noticeable is that they were all put there by the Barton family".