Chapter 41. Micah's insanity Part 1

Knightly's P.O.V

I could sense that there was something very wrong with Micah after he was hurt but I couldn't figure out what it actually was. I only realized that Micah was depressed after his father told me about it and I then instantly decided to support my mate in whichever way I could. Micah had a habit of disappearing when he was hurt or disappointed and I wanted to prevent that from happening especially now that we had seven pups together. I was dying inside from the loss of my pup and needed Micah too but I knew that he couldn't sense my pain because he was too devastated by Aadya's death. 

I was ready for anything that Micah would throw at me due to his pain but I was shocked when he started to punch and kick me. I had never even thought that the person who I needed the most to survive in this world would hurt me this much and couldn't believe it when I sensed how much Micah hated me at that moment. The only thing that was going through my mind while I was looking at Micah was "Micah needs this to heal" and my heart broke when I saw Micah looking in satisfaction at his bloodied knuckles but I instantly calmed myself down by saying "This is not about me but Micah".

Ignatius got dragged into our mess and I still couldn't figure out why. I had sensed that we were somewhere in Florida due to the vegetation and the creek that was not so far from our cave so wasn't even surprised to learn that we were not the only ones present in the forest. I had discovered a coven of fifty vampires while I was assessing our surroundings and was hoping that they wouldn't notice us because Micah and Ignatius weren't able to use their powers. I had laid traps to make sure nothing happened to my mate and pup and got startled when I heard something snap.

 I instantly knew that it was the trap that I had set just a few meters from the cave and realized that the vampires were not so far from us. I quickly picked up Ignatius and then uttered "Somebody just got caught in one of my traps Micah". I could see that Micah was trying to sense who or what got caught in the trap and he frowned when he couldn't use his powers. "Micah is now a normal human without any powers" I thought to myself and then decided to protect him with my life. I was going to make sure that Ignatius and he went safely back home because they were my responsibility now.

"This means that someone was about to attack us" said Micah while looking at our surroundings and then added while sighing "Let's go see who it was before the other vampires discover the trap Knigh". I nodded with my head at Micah and then started leading the way to the trap that I had set not so far from the cave. I heard Micah chuckle when we reached the trap and I then realized that he knew the vampire that was now hanging upside down by his ankles from a tree. The vampire instantly started hissing at us when he noticed us. Micah just grabbed a stick then and started poking the vampire while chuckling menacingly at him.

Ignatius started giggling when he saw his father's antics and yelled "I want to do it too papa". I quickly grabbed the stick out of Micah's hand then said to him while throwing it away "I don't think that's a good idea Micah". Micah frowned as response at me and then uttered while pouting "I never get to have any fun". Micah then walked closer to the vampire and asked him "It was hard to stay away from this delicious human wasn't it Draven?" The vampire looked in shock at Micah when he heard him mention his name and then replied to Micah with "How do you know my name human?"

Micah burst out laughing and then answered the vampires question with "I'm a magician and a fortune teller Draven, I can hear and see everything". The vampire named Draven then yelled "I may look stupid human but I'm not dumb" and I was just about to stop Micah from taking the conversation any further when I heard Draven ask him "If you're a fortune teller then tell me what the name of my best friend is". Ignatius started bouncing up and down in my arms when he realized that his father was about to put on a show for him. Micah suddenly started walking in circles around Draven and then slapped him a few times across his face. He then said while closing his eyes "Your truest friend's name is Braden, vampire and he will do anything for you".