Chapter 62. True love

Noah's P.O.V

Andreas was already jumping for joy when he heard that I was going to stay with him that night and he drove us straight to his house after our training was over. I smiled when I saw that Andreas's parents had waited for us to have dinner with them and they then started telling us about how they went to have lunch with my parents that afternoon because they wanted to discuss our wedding seeing how we were now officially mated. I frowned when I heard that and asked Andreas's father Christopher then "Why are you guys in such a hurry to get us married father?"

I knew that Andreas was going to support me no matter what so knew that he wouldn't mind me asking his father that question. Christopher replied to me then with "Because we don't know what will happen during the war and we like you two to be officially married before the war starts". I shook my head at Christopher and then said to him while lacing my fingers together with Andreas's "My brother will win this war with his eyes closed and Andreas and I are now powerful enough to stand alongside him at the battlefield to assure his win so don't be in a hurry to get us hitched".

Andreas's mother then sighed and said "That's basically the same thing that your father told us Noah so we decided to put the whole marriage idea on hold for the moment". I chuckled when Andreas then replied to his mother with "Good, because I would never agree with this wedding". Andreas's mother looked in shock at her son because she knew how possessive werewolves could get with their mates and she probably thought that Andreas's werewolf side wouldn't miss a chance like this to claim his mate as his. Andreas quickly added when he saw his mother's reaction "My whole being already knows that Noah is my true love mother so we don't need some paper to prove that we belong together. We will get married when the time is right because knowing that Noah is by my side is already enough for me for now".

Andreas then quickly placed a kiss on my cheek and I frowned at him because he knew that I wasn't keen on showing love and affection in front of others. I couldn't stay angry at Andreas anymore when he then playfully winked at me to tease me. We went back to eating after that and I was glad that the whole topic changed when Andreas's mother uttered "Layla gave birth to healthy baby boy today Andreas but it seems like her true mate had rejected her along with his child so she didn't survive the delivery of the baby. Your uncle Cacus is now trying to figure out what to do with the child because he is innocent in all this".

I could sense Andreas's emotions getting out of control when his mother mentioned Layla's name and I quickly put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. Andreas then asked his father "What do you think that uncle will do with the baby if nobody wants him father?" Christopher sighed and then answered Andreas's question with "The baby has more of the human gene it seems so keeping him amongst supernatural creatures like us can be harmful for us and him too so your uncle thinks that putting him in an orphanage will be the best option".

My heart made a loud thump when I heard what Cristopher had said and I then uttered "That's pretty sad because the baby didn't ask to be born". Everyone was suddenly silent and I knew that it was because we were all contemplating about what to do with the baby. I then suddenly got an idea and uttered "I will talk to my brother about this mother, I'm sure that he can come up with something better than throwing the child into an orphanage". Andreas sighed in relief from next to me and then uttered while smiling broadly at me "Thank you my mate, I would have never managed to sleep peacefully while knowing that a child was now suffering because of my family's mistakes".

"Remember that nothing is set in stones yet Andreas" I said to Andreas while he just smiled at me because he knew that Micah would never disappoint us. Andreas and I decided to go take a shower when we were finally done with dinner while his parents chose to go to bed because they were exhausted. Andreas hugged me from behind as soon as we were in his room and he then said to me while breathing in my scent "We are finally alone". I chuckled at Andreas and then turned around to face him. I then cupped his face and said to him while kissing him softly on his lips "I know what you mean Andreas but we should really take a shower before doing anything else because we're all sweaty".