Chapter 24. My life in ruins

Andreas's P.O.V

I lifted my head up when I heard someone say "No one will lie to you from now on Andreas Halfmoon" because I couldn't wait to see who the person was that had uttered those words. I growled loudly when I saw a man who resembled my mother standing in front of me in a tight black suit because I could feel my bond with him. The man chuckled at me and then added "I know that you're angry right now Andreas but that doesn't mean that you're allowed attack whoever you want". "Who is he?" I asked my mother while glaring at her and she immediately put her head down in fear.

The man walked closer up to me and then said to me while cupping my face "What a fine specimen of a man you turned out to be Andreas. Who could have guessed that you would wield so much power". I started squirming again and the man then said to me while looking into my eyes "I'm not going to hurt you Andreas because you're my precious nephew and I love you". I really wanted to roll on the ground and laugh my head off when I heard what the man had said but I controlled myself and then replied to him with while chuckling "Do you see those two people over there, they have been telling me for sixteen years that they love me but they still managed to hurt me deeply so I don't trust you either"

I couldn't control my anger anymore when the man started laughing then and the two men pinned me to the ground as response. My mother walked up to me suddenly and then said while stroking my head "Please calm down Andreas and we promise you that we'll tell you the truth when you're calm and collected". I sighed then said to the two men who were holding me down "You can let me go now because I can't wait to find out why my parents have been smothering me with their love for all those years". The two men finally let me go when they got a sign from the man and I immediately crossed my arms on my chest so I couldn't hurt my mother.

My mother took a seat next to me on the ground then said while gesturing to the man standing in front of us "This is your uncle Cacus Focalor, Andreas and he has been with us you since before you were born. I never introduced you to him because your uncle has been staying on earth in secret. He's the head of the demon council on earth and can't come out of the shadows yet because he doesn't want the kings to find out that there are demons living normal lives on earth".

I shook my head at my mother and then replied to her with "I don't see what this has to do with me mother and if you're thinking that you're fooling the kings then you're dead wrong". My so called uncle then plopped down on the ground next to me and said in an authoritative tone "You better listen carefully to your mother Andreas because this is important". I burst out laughing when I heard what Cacus had said and then uttered "You will have better luck in scaring your own men uncle because you have no authority over me and you should really meet the kings because they're the really scary ones. Imagine what they'll do to us when they discover that we all are demons".

My uncle frowned at me and my mother then quickly added before he could even get the chance to reply to me "Your uncle is right Andreas because this is more important than you think. I met your father when your uncle and I came to earth to assess the Lakewood pack. I instantly knew that your father was my mate when I saw him and I stayed with your father while your uncle completed the mission. I couldn't stay long with your father because we had to report our findings back to the base."

"I didn't want to leave your father but I had no other choice and I didn't want to put his pack in danger because of my selfish reasons. I found out that I was pregnant with you when I was in the underworld and tried to escape the underworld with your uncle but we were never successful in doing so. The demon Agiel was our leader back then and we couldn't believe it when he suddenly decided to attack the Lakewood pack. The Lakewood pack was a strong pack with strong warriors and demon Agiel lost a lot of demons that night as result of it so your uncle and I easily managed to slip through the cracks without him noticing it".