Chapter 75. Maynor's fate

Maynor's P.O.V

I couldn't count how many creatures and demons I had defeated until now and it looked like the attacks weren't going to stop unless I handed Micah's body over to Lucifer. I had already figured out that this war was all about him and was never going to let that happen. And not just because the moon goddess had asked me to protect Micah's body but because I had a certain duty towards my nieces and nephews. I still hated Knightly but the children treated me like their own family so I was going to make sure not to disappoint them.

I was just done killing a giant two headed creature when I sensed Amitiel in the next town. I couldn't understand what he was doing on earth because Micah had given him the task of protecting the realm of angels from eventual attacks. I decided that it was best to concentrate on my task at hand instead of on my mate and tried to sense if there were any more creatures or demons heading my way. I was stunned when I noticed that all attacks on me had suddenly stopped and prepared myself for whatever Lucifer was going to throw at me next.

I was concentrating on my surroundings when I suddenly sensed Noah standing behind me and quickly turned around to see what he was up to. Noah was in a bad shape and my heart broke when I saw him hugging Micah's body tightly. I slowly walked up to him when I heard him cry and then said to him while putting my hand on his shoulder "I'm sorry to say this to you Noah but the moon goddess told me that no one was allowed to touch Micah's body". Noah got up quickly when he heard what I had said and then casted his sword at me. He then said while looking in anger at me "You don't want to mess with me at the moment Maynor. Stay away from me and let me grieve before I bind you in silver chains to make sure that you stay where you are". 

I had enough of Noah's behavior because he was keeping me from doing my job and slapped him in irritation. Noah looked stunned at me when I slapped him to knock some sense into him and I quickly ducked down when he casted a spell to throw a fire ball at me. I could understand Noah's feelings but there were more urgent matters at hand so said to him to calm him down "Your brother would want us to fight our enemies instead of each other in a situation like this Noah. And I would like to advise you to concentrate on the war for now and then continue grieving in whichever way you want when everything is over but make sure that I'm not involved".

I looked in shock at Noah when he then yelled while attacking me however he could "What's the use in waiting when I'm certain that we'll all die today Maynor". I started contemplating about what Noah had said and didn't even realize that he was walking towards Micah's body again. I frowned at Noah when he started roughly shaking Micah's body while trying to wake him up and ran towards him. I quickly pushed Noah away from Micah's body when I reached him and then yelled "Have you lost your mind Noah, let your brother rest in peace". Noah fell on his back then tried to crawl back to Micah again and I shook my head at him. I could sense that Noah was torn and I wanted to take his feelings into account but this was taking too much time. I was just about to knock Noah unconscious when Mike appeared next to him.

He didn't even spare Micah's body a glance and pulled Noah close to his chest. Noah immediately hugged his father tightly and then said to him while sobbing "It's my fault that Micah died today dad, I knew that this was going happen but I still didn't warn him about it". Mike placed a kiss on Noah's head and then asked him "What does your brother always say to all of you when he knows that something bad is about to happen to him Noah?" Noah wiped his tears away and then answered his father's question with "That he'll always come back to us dad". Mike lifted Noah's chin up and then replied to him while smiling with "That's right Noah so don't make a grave mistake of doubting him again and go join Andreas in Asia to assist him in maintaining the order there".

Noah hesitated a bit but quickly casted a spell to leave when he saw his father frowning at him. Mike then uttered before leaving too "Carry on with your duty Maynor and well done on holding your ground". I sighed in relief after Mike left and was glad that my head was still attached to my shoulders. I then tried to concentrate on my task again and frowned when I still couldn't sense any enemies near me. I decided to wait and see what was going to happen and took a seat near Micah's body.