Chapter 18. Unveiling secrets Part 2

Micah's P.O.V

I was still tired from the night before because Knightly and i only had two full hours of sleep before we had to wake up again. Melissa told me to clean the counters when i arrived at work and the only thing i could think about at that moment was that i could really use a hug from my beautiful daughter to feel refreshed again. I could sense Albert walk into the supermarket and i could feel his eyes on me but i just acted like i didn't see him come in.

I knew that Albert was observing me but i still smiled at him when he asked me to clean his office. I started organizing all the files that Albert had on his desk the moment he stepped out of the office and i realized then that Albert really needed an assistant because all his files were a mess. Albert gave me two hours to finish my task and i used one of those two hours just to sort out the files.

I sighed in relief when i was finally done and dreaded the fact that i couldn't use my powers. I started cleaning Albert's bookshelf after i was done organizing the files and groaned when i noticed that all the books on the bookshelf were out of order. I had to organize them first before i could clean the bookshelf and i was just doing that when Albert walked into his office again.

I got startled when Albert yelled at me because i was concentrating on the children's pain at that moment. They were all in distress because they wanted to see me but i couldn't go to them yet. I had to make sure to finish my shift first before i could go to them because i didn't want to give Albert a reason to fire me. My shoulder hit the bookshelf when i quickly turned around to face Albert which resulted in one of the books falling off the bookshelf. My whole body instantly screamed "Pick the book up before he does" and i realized then that Albert was hiding something in that book.

A photo fell out of the book the moment i picked it up and i looked puzzled at it because i could recognize Albert on the photo but not the girl he was with. I frowned when i took a closer look at the photo because i could recognize the girl as Bianca. Albert had his arms around Bianca on the photo and they were smiling happily at the camera. I could see that Bianca was very young at the time the photo was taken while Albert looked a lot older than her.

I couldn't help but utter the words "Ah, now i understand" when i finally realized why Albert hated me so much. Albert probably thought that Knightly ruined his relationship with Bianca seeing how everybody knew that Bianca was madly in love with Knightly and that she would do anything to be his mate. What Albert actually didn't know yet was that Bianca was born mateless because her mate was killed when he was still a baby.

It was sad but Bianca's mate was killed when his father's pack was attacked by demons. Knightly's father was the alpha back then but he couldn't do anything to save this pack due to the fact of them being a rogue pack who rarely stayed long in one place. Bianca surely already sensed this so why did she use Albert in this way i asked myself while looking at the photo. I could feel the pain and anger radiating from Albert and felt sorry for him because he didn't deserve to be toyed with.

I could already sense who Albert's true mate was so just walked up to him and grabbed his left hand. I then put the photo in the palm of Albert's hand and said "She's not worth your grief Albert Rivera". I could feel the anger rising in Albert as soon as i uttered those words and i quickly added while smiling at him "You'll soon find your real reason for living so keep faith". I could sense that Albert was stunned by my revelation but i had enough of him so decided to leave his office after reminding him that he had only been gone for ninety minutes before he came back.

I walked straight to Melissa after that to ask her what i should do next and she gave me the task of checking the expire date on the snacks that we had in the supermarket. I suddenly saw Albert walking towards Melissa while she was busy with a customer. I could sense that something was wrong and was shocked to hear Albert say that he had to go to his parents house because of an emergency. Albert saw me looking at him but he just ignored me because he probably didn't want me meddling with his family's affairs. I immediately started reading his mind and heard him then ask himself "Who will help us if something goes wrong?"