Chapter 88. Micah's new life Part 1 (extra chapter)

Micah's P.O.V

I was glad that Noah and Andreas were now finally mated but there was still one thing that I was concerned about. Lilith needed to find her mate too and I was afraid to find out how she would react when she found out who her mate actually was. I knew that Knightly and Connor would accept her mate no matter what but what if Lilith herself thought that her mate wasn't worthy enough to be accepted into the family.

I decided to let everything to the moon goddess and concentrated on my task at hand. Many people, including some of Baldassare's men found their mates during these past two years, which unfortunately meant more people moving into the town or joining the pack. There were many humans amongst them and they needed time to adjust to our rules and regulations. Most of the new people hadn't met us yet because Knightly and I didn't want to put pressure on them while they were still working out their mating process.

I had managed to recruit nine warriors in these past few years but I knew that they weren't enough. I needed warriors who were ready to be deployed at all times and that was kind of difficult with working warriors like Rhaegal and Dorrant so I was still swamped with work. I was glad that I had created the nine different forms of me for situation like these but Knightly still had to pitch in for me regarding the pups. I was very thankful to him about this and felt sometimes guilty for overburdening him but I knew that he took it as fulfilling his duties as a father.

I was just done doing some paperwork when Dorrant walked into my office while saying "King Knightly Silverstone is here to see you, my king". I nodded with my head at him and then said to him while handing him the files that I had been working on "I want you to find out who these supernatural creatures are mated to as soon as possible Dorrant because they can pose a threat to us if we're not careful enough". Dorrant quickly replied to me with "As you wish my king" when he sensed Knightly walking into my office and then walked out of my office while bowing his head to my mate.

Knightly sighed while sitting down at my conference table and I quickly casted a spell to conjure some food and drinks for us. I then asked Knightly while pouring some water in a glass for him "What's bothering you Knigh?" despite knowing exactly what the problem was. Knightly grabbed the glass of water out of my hand and then answered my question with "I can't figure out why your mother chose him as Lilith's mate Micah and the problem is that I don't know what to do with him after they get mated".

I pulled a chair closer to Knightly and then replied to him while taking a seat with "My mother knows how difficult it was for us, for Noah and even for Matt when we got mated so she probably wanted to give Lilith a calm and happy life". Knightly then quickly leaned over to me and asked me while placing a kiss on my cheek "But we are happy now, right love?" I smiled broadly at Knightly because I was truly happy with how my current life was going at the moment. I then said to him while kissing him softly on the lips "Yes, we are Knigh and don't worry about Lilith. She's smart enough to solve the problems that may come with her mated life without us meddling with it".

Knightly groaned as response at me and then uttered "But she's my baby sister Micah and I want the best for her. I don't think..". I quickly kissed Knightly to stop him from talking and then said to him while caressing his cheek "Don't doubt my mother Knigh, she knows exactly what this family needs to stay united. She will never break the promise that she made to your parents years ago". Knightly smiled at me when he realized that him complaining to me would lead to nothing and then uttered "Let's eat now Micah, I have a meeting at five o'clock with a newly built pack and I don't want to be late because they are quite stubborn. And I have to give them a good example as their king right". I nodded with my head at Knightly and we then started eating while talking about the party that was going to be held on Monday night to celebrate Lilith's birthday.