Chapter 48. Maynor's heart Part 3

Maynor's P.O.V

I was still looking at Knightly with a smirk on my face when I heard Micah say "It's not a problem Mason I was the one who guided you here" and I really expected Knightly to then stick his tongue out to me and say "See I'm no fool, my almighty mate knows what he's doing". I groaned loudly when I realized that Knightly was now beaming with happiness and he chuckled at me when he saw my reaction. Micah then walked up to Mason and said "You already knew the truth right Mason?" Mason looked in shock at Micah and then replied to him with "Yes, my king I did, I never believed in the king's and your separation and after getting orders like to train the Halfmoon pack and to take that dragon in, I realized what was actually going on but I didn't talk to anyone about it though".

"And that's why you are my theta, Mason" said Knightly while putting his hand on Mason's shoulder and asked him then "Who do you think also knows about the truth Mason?" I could see that Knightly already knew the answer to that question and that he just wanted to know how loyal Mason actually was to his brothers in arms and him. I didn't know why but it felt like there was some kind of meaning behind Knightly's question. Mason bowed his head at Knightly and then replied to him with "To tell you the truth my king, no one believes in your divorce because we all know that king Micah would never betray you. We knew that something was wrong and that's why we all decided to leave matters how they were because you surely have a reason behind taking such an action".

It looked like Mason was afraid of Knightly's reaction by the way he put his head down after giving him an answer but quickly looked up when he heard his king chuckle at him. Knightly then said to calm Mason down "Relax Mason, we already knew that none of you believed in our divorce and are really glad that you didn't say or did anything about it". "Why did the king guide me here then my king?" asked Mason while looking at Micah and I instantly thought to myself "Mason's surely hiding something". It looked like I was right for thinking that way about Mason because Micah then instantly ordered him "Take out your weapon Mason" and I smiled in satisfaction at Knightly.

All the kids ran towards us as soon as they heard Micah give out the order to Mason and they all then lined up next to Micah and Knightly. I won't lie, I felt jealous seeing the kids like that because it had always been my wish to have powerful children with Micah. I heard Ezekiel then suddenly growl at me because he had read my mind and I instantly made a note to myself to be careful around him. Aadya and Ignatius were looking curiously at Mason and I too couldn't wait to find out what Micah was talking about because I knew for certain that werewolves couldn't conjure weapons.

Mason took a step back when he saw everyone looking at him and Micah then said to him to make him feel more comfortable "You're amongst family here Mason so don't be afraid and conjure your weapon". Mason finally nodded with his head at Micah and then closed his eyes. All the kids gasped when a huge scythe appeared in Mason's hand. "Ooh, ooh it's huge" uttered Ignatius while admiring the weapon and Aadya then yelled "Wield it Mason!" I couldn't wrap my mind around what was unfolding in front me and said "Wait, how can someone like Mason conjure a weapon that only true demons like me can wield and why didn't I notice this when I saw him for the first time?"

"It's because I just recently discovered that I can conjure a weapon like this Maynor. It just appeared into my hands while I was training one day and now each time I'm in a battle it wants to come out but I can't control it yet so have to use all my power to stop it" said Mason while looking at the weapon and then it hit me that Mason had demon blood in him. I then asked Knightly while looking at Mason "Did you know that Mason had demon blood coursing through his veins when you took him in Knightly?" Knightly sighed then answered my question with "Mason is older than us Maynor and he was already a pack member by the time I took over. I always knew that Mason had demon blood in him but he has shown me throughout the years that he's sharp and loyal so I had never a reason to doubt him".