Chapter 49. No surrender Part 1

Micah's P.O.V

I knew that I would have to go through some pain if I wanted our enemies to see that I didn't have any powers left so was prepared for anything but what I forgot to take into account was that Knightly and the pups would feel the effects of my pain. I wished that I could do things differently but this was the only way that I could make sure that we produced the right results. I got startled when Ezekiel asked the moon goddess if she would allow bad people to hurt me because I had then suddenly realized that this was not only about me but the pups too and that I had to make sure that they wouldn't come to my aid when they sensed that there was something wrong with me.

I couldn't sleep the whole night because I couldn't get the distraught image of Ezekiel out of my head and was woken up the next day by the crying Ignatius. Aadya started crying too and I couldn't calm them down by myself. I was already stressed out from the lack of sleep and frowned when I realized that Knightly wasn't home. I closed my eyes to sense where he was when I saw that it was still five o'çlock in the morning and saw him then doing border patrol with Connor, Jeremy and Nathan. Ignatius and Aadya were literally wailing by the time their father came home and Knightly then asked Ignatius while taking him out of my arms "What's wrong Ignatius?" Ignatius just Ignored Knightly's question and kept on crying so I decided to ask Aadya then while picking her up "Aadya, you're a smart baby girl right?" Aadya smiled at me suddenly and then looked curiously at me with her big green eyes. I then continued with "Can you tell me why your brother is crying and why you're following his example?"

Aadya giggled at me and then answered my question with "Ignatius is crying because he doesn't want you to go to work today and I decided to cry too because it's fun". I shook my head at Aadya and heard Ignatius then yell "Why did you tell papa that Aadya, you meanie. You promised me that you wouldn't tell papa anything". I sighed while looking at Ignatius and then said to him "I know that you are afraid of what might happen to me Ignatius but I can't just stay home because my pups are afraid. I have to find out who our enemies are so I can prevent other people from getting hurt". Ignatius started rubbing his eyes and then cried out "But papa I don't want you to suffer, let daddy do it this time".

I burst out laughing when I heard what Ignatius had said and Aadya hugged me tightly while giggling. I then replied to Ignatius with "I wish I could let your daddy take my place Ignatius but you know that something like that wouldn't be even possible because people know everything about him. They read everything about him in magazines so they will never believe that your daddy became poor in one day and that he has to work in a supermarket to make ends meet". Ignatius started crying again because he didn't get his way and Aadya then grabbed his hand. I smiled at Aadya when I heard her then say to Ignatius "Don't worry Ignatius I will never let our papa die". Ignatius smiled broadly at Aadya and then started bouncing up and down in Knightly's arms. Knightly placed a kiss on Ignatius's head and then said to him "I promise to protect your papa too, Ignatius".

I knew that Knightly had said that to Ignatius just to make him happy and that he was dreading the fact that he couldn't do anything that would jeopardize my mission. Ignatius and Aadya then fell asleep again and Knightly and I decided to put them to bed. I walked back to our room after checking up on the other pups and knew that Knightly was just behind me. I went to stand in front of our large window to get some fresh air and felt Knightly throw his arms around me. I sighed while leaning into Knightly's chest and he then asked while breathing in my scent "Tell me why I'm feeling this restless Micah?" I contemplated about how to answer Knightly's question and heard him then continue with "It seems like the pups and I are feeling the same thing and I don't know what to do about it. It really feels like you're going to get hurt this time around Micah so let me please ask a few angels to go undercover and help you when you're in trouble".