Chapter 40. Micah's Depression

Micah's P.O.V

I realized the moment I opened my eyes that I was in one of Dr Ariel's hospital rooms in the realm of angels. I could sense the pain in my heart and I instantly remembered what had happened. I quickly put my hand on my stomach and then yelled "Aadya, no". My powers started going out of control from the loss of my daughter and it felt like I was falling in a bottomless pit. I then suddenly felt someone put his hand on my shoulder and I didn't even have to look to know that it was my father who had touched me. "Please calm down Micah" said my father to me in a soothing voice and then added while stroking my head "You'll destroy the whole realm of angels if you don't calm down my beautiful boy".

"I don't care" I uttered angrily and heard my father then reply to me with "You don't want that Micah, please calm down". I quickly pushed my father away from me when I sensed one of the nurses faint from my powers outside my hospital room and my father forcefully pulled me into his arms again. The only thing that was going through my mind at that moment was "Why didn't I die together with Aadya. Why did I still have to be alive?" "Stop Micah" yelled my father at me when all the furniture in the room started shaking and I had then no other choice than to obey him.

I started crying in my father's arms and sensed Dr Ariel then step into the hospital room. He looked full with compassion at me and then said "You already sensed what I was planning on telling you Micah but I think that you would be still interested in this part of information". I frowned at Dr Ariel and then asked him "What more can you tell me than that I have lost my daughter Dr Ariel?" Dr Ariel walked closer up to me and then said "I tried to see if I could save the injured pup when your parents brought you here Micah but I didn't find any pup in your pregnant belly when I cut you open. It was like the pup that was supposed to be there had disappeared".

The blood drained from my face as soon as Dr Ariel uttered those words and I then whispered defeatedly "The moon goddess took my pup away because she didn't deem me worthy to be her father". Dr Ariel looked in shock at me when he sensed that I was falling in depression and yelled "I don't think so Micah, she would never do something like that because she loves you very much". I didn't care about what Dr Ariel had said and my whole body started shutting down. "What a failure of a father am I" I thought to myself and felt my father shake me to make me snap out of my depression.

I was lost in my dark thoughts and the only thing I could do was stare absentmindedly at the wall. My father hugged me tightly and then uttered while crying "Oh, my beautiful boy how I wish I could take your pain away". Dr Ariel started crying too and then said to my father while stroking my head "You should tell your son in law about this Mike. He should know about Micah's depression and he should prepare for the attacks that will follow now seeing how everyone will sense that the most powerful king out of the two kings is now out of commission". Is that all I'm worth I asked myself, they only want me to make sure that everyone is protected while I'm broken inside. I knew that Dr Ariel was only trying to look after everyone but I was in too much pain to see the positive side of it.

I sighed and then said while pushing my father and Dr Ariel away from me "Don't worry Dr Ariel, I'll make sure that everyone is safe and sound like the good angel I am. I won't let anything happen to either Gods precious creations or the moon goddess's supernatural creatures even though I want to destroy all of them right now". My father looked in shock at me when he heard what I had said and then uttered while frowning at me "You should take your time to grieve Micah, we all know what you're going through right now and I rather have my son healthy and safely by my side then him going on a self destructive streak".

"I'll lose my mind if I don't busy myself with something dad" I said to my father and my father just shook his head at me. He then said while placing a kiss on my forehead "Promise me that you won't do anything harmful to yourself Micah. I'll try to find out what's the meaning behind all this so you should rest for now ". The only reply that I could give my father at that moment was "I'll try dad" and my father hugged me tightly as response to that. I then slowly fell asleep and knew that it was because of my father. My father had casted a sleeping spell on me without me noticing it.