Chapter 19. Remorse

Noah's P.O.V

I could feel that there was something going on at the Rivera house, the house where Micah was staying at but I couldn't go to their aid because I had to be at Keir Martel's coven to assess them. I had already mind linked Knightly to say that the vampires agreed to join us and he asked me then to assess them to make sure they were not a threat to us.

Keir's coven was actually rather small and I immediately noticed that he had trouble controlling his coven when they were all ready to attack me despite Keir's warnings. They all surrounded me the moment I stepped into the house and I was shocked to see even small children in his coven because that meant that they were either kidnapped by the vampires or rejected from their previous covens.

Keir was staying in a three story building with a total of seventeen vampires out of which twelve went to our school so I had seen a few of them around school by now. I could feel their hostility towards me and I knew that it was because they had never met an angel like me before. I was assessing the vampires all one by one when one of them decided to attack me and I had no other choice than to quickly change into my angel form then cast my sword.

I grabbed the vampire by his neck then put my sword on his neck to warn him. The vampire screeched when he felt the burn on his neck from my sword and the other vampires started growling at me. I threw the vampire who had attacked me roughly on the floor then said "I'm not here to fight you vampires so stop baring your fangs at me or you may come to regret it". All the vampires finally calmed down and I then said while looking into Keir's direction "I'm going to advice the king to not forge a bond with your coven Keir because all of you are too aggressive and it looks like you'll be more trouble than a powerful ally to the king".

I heard a small vampire boy then gasp and he ran towards me. I looked puzzled at him in response and got startled when he suddenly grabbed my hand then asked me "Do you really know the king angel?" The boy looked like he was about Kingsley's age and had beautiful icy blue eyes. I could feel that he was hiding his powers the moment he touched me and I tried to sense what the reason was behind him hiding his powers but something was blocking my visions.

I heard the little vampire boy then suddenly say through my mind link while giggling "I'll tell you if you tell me about the king angel". I pulled my hand out of the little vampire boy's grip then replied to him through the mind link with "There is no need vampire because I already know and it looks like I was right when I said that this coven was more trouble than anything else". The little boy grabbed my hand quickly again then said "Please angel, we really need the king to protect us because we are the last of the noble vampires".

I heard a vampire then suddenly yell "Why are you pleading to him Ciro, he's nothing but a lowly angel". I couldn't help but chuckle when I heard the vampire's remark and heard the little vampire boy then yell back at him "He's a Lockwood Ettore so he's not a lowly angel at all. The Lockwood's are the most powerful angels there are because they were personally blessed by the arch angel Micheal and he's the only one that can help us at the moment".

I heard all the vampires including Keir gasp at Ciro's revelation and I smiled at them as response. An elderly vampire woman then stepped forward and said while kneeling down before me "We have all been hiding our true powers because our ancestors came in our dreams and told us that it wasn't safe for us to show our true powers. And when we heard that the vampire king was stealing powers from other vampires we finally knew why. We were lucky to escape from the clutches of the vampire king when he called us for the meeting but I know that we won't be so lucky the next time and sooner or later one of us will slip up and that we will be the end of us all".

I walked quickly up to the elderly vampire woman then asked her while helping her up "What's your name vampire?" The elderly vampire woman smiled at me then replied to me with "My name is Elina, angel". I then said while looking into her eyes "I knew that Keir had trouble rulling this coven and I now finally know why. You are all powerful in your own way and think that you don't need anyone telling you what to do but what you all should really realize is that you need a leader who can guide you through tuff times like these. I know that Keir lacks the leadership skills but he can become someone who you can look up to with the help of the kings".