Chapter 60. Trust and loyalty Part 2

Adriel's P.O.V

I was studying in England when my brother was chosen by Knightly Silverstone to lead his publishing company. I can still remember how happy he was when he got appointed as the CEO of the company. He called me to share the news and me who was studying business and management at Oxford university couldn't wait to join his company too. And I was disappointed when that didn't happen when I returned home. My brother was afraid of being accused of nepotism by Knightly Silverstone so he just got me a job as an editor after forcing me to take some courses to become one.

I had never even seen Knightly Silverstone before because I was too busy concentrating on my courses to get involved with someone else's life story. I was miserable when my brother finally gave me a job as an editor in his company but I still tried to make the best of it. I actually heard from my brother's assistant Calvin that five million dollars were missing from the management accounts of the company. I decided to confront my brother when I heard about it and asked him if I could help him find the money but he declined my offer. I took it upon myself after that to look through the company's transactions to see what had happened to the money because my brother was afraid that he was going to be fired for this huge mishap.

I was busy looking through the files when I felt someone give me a nudge on my shoulder. I quickly looked up to see who had dared to disturb me and got irritated when I noticed that it was Freya the gossiper of our company. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked Freya because she helped me a lot when I first joined the company but I hated it when she talked about others behind their backs. She always came to me when she had problems with our other colleagues and I always asked myself why she didn't confront them by herself.

Freya motioned me to look into a certain direction and I was shocked to see a gorgeous man standing in front of me. It was like the expensive suit that he was wearing was made for him and there was a powerful aura around him. I couldn't take my eyes of this man and I then instantly realized that I had dared to ignore this man who looked like he was someone important. My fears came true when I heard my brother say "Please forgive him sir, he's one of our new editors so he doesn't really know who you are". I bowed my head to this man when I realized my mistake and felt hurt when this man ignored me.

Freya uttered as soon as this man had walked away from us "Oh my God Adriel, you dared to ignore Knightly Silverstone the owner of this company and not to mention the most powerful and richest man in the world, I wonder if he will fire you today". I looked in shock at Freya and she then said while giving me a pat on my back "He's not like that Adriel so don't worry about it but I'm truly worried about your brother". I quickly sat down and started looking through the files again because I knew that Knightly Silverstone was going to question Greyson first. Greyson was the financial manager of the company and my brother had a feeling that Greyson was somehow involved in the disappearance of the money but I had my doubts.

Greyson had a sick child and needed money so he would never do anything that could jeopardize his position or his job. I couldn't get Knightly Silverstone out of my head while looking through the files and heard Freya then ask me "Wouldn't you like to know how he loves someone, Adriel?" I looked puzzled at Freya because I didn't understand what she was talking about and she then continued with "You know like how he treats the person who he loves or like how he makes love to them. I bet he showers them with gifts, money, flowers and trips to exotic countries in his private jet". I shook my head at Freya and was just about to ask her to leave me alone when I heard her say "He's single now you know and everyone is waiting to see who will be lucky enough to end up with him. It would be so great to have him as a lover because you would then have all the money and luxury in the world and not to mention a hot, sexy and gorgeous lover too. I can't believe how good he looks in a suit so can you imagine how he looks naked then".