Chapter 34. The origin of the twins

Noah's P.O.V

I had just returned home with Kingsley from the realm of angels when I sensed that something bad was about to happen and what startled me even more was that Micah wasn't home with the kids like he was supposed too. I got suddenly a feeling like something was approaching the pack and when I looked outside the giant windows of the apartment I saw that there was a dark anomalous cloud hanging over the pack. I quickly yelled "Kingsley!" when I saw the cloud and he immediately ran to me. I then said to him while looking at the dark anomalous cloud "Gather all your siblings Kingsley because we have to cast a spell to go meet your father wherever he is".

Kingsley just nodded with his head at me and then howled loudly. It was amusing to see how all the kids perked up their ears and then ran towards Kingsley. I would be laughing if I didn't have this bad feeling in my chest. I then casted a spell to take us all to wherever Micah was and I was shocked to see two little kids lying on the ground when we arrived at the Halfmoon pack's lake. The resemblance of the two kids with Knightly was uncanny and it broke my heart when I saw that Micah didn't show any interest in the kids.

I already knew that Knightly's sperm was stolen so immediately understood what was going on when I saw the kids. Micah had now finally accepted the kids but there were still a lot of questions left to be answered. I asked Micah why Alexandra and Aziel were so powerful and was shocked to hear him then order Ignatius "Call out to your moon Mama fiery one and make it look like you're in pain" because I had never sensed that the kids were in close contact with the moon goddess. There were now so many questions going through my mind that it felt like I was going crazy.

Why was the moon goddess favoring Micah and the kids so much I asked myself repeatedly and felt frustrated when I couldn't come up with an answer. There were a lot of supernatural creatures in the world who were truly devoted to the moon goddess but she had never shown herself to them. She blessed them but never honored them with her presence, then why is Micah different I asked myself. I knew that he was the king and all and that could be one of the reasons why she was so close to him but I couldn't get rid of the awful feeling that I was having in my chest because it felt like she was going to take him away from us.

I got startled when I heard Micah suddenly say "Mask our presence Noah, let's see how the moon goddess handles the crying Ignatius". I quickly followed Micah's order when I sensed the moon goddess approaching us and was surprised to see her pick up Ignatius as soon as she arrived. "Why are you crying my beautiful grandson?" asked the moon goddess Ignatius and my heart skipped a beat when I heard her ask Ignatius that question. I knew that the whole question could mean nothing or everything but decided not to say anything when I didn't sense any changes in Micah's emotions.

Ignatius started giggling in the moon goddesses arms and she looked puzzled at the giggling little boy. Ignatius then pointed with his tiny finger in our direction and said "Look moon Mama everyone is here to play with you today". I instantly broke the masking spell when I heard Ignatius utter those words and the moon goddess looked in shock at us. She then frowned at Micah and said "You shouldn't fool me Micah". Micah chuckled at the moon goddess and then replied to her with while standing up "That was payback for not telling me about Alexandra and Aziel, mother".

All the kids suddenly ran towards the moon goddess while yelling "Moon Mama!" and the moon goddess quickly put Ignatius down on the ground so she could hug them one by one. I just quietly looked at the scene in front of me and frowned when I heard Knightly then say "I hope that you have a good explanation for your behavior mother because we really want to know why you hid the fact that we had two more pups". The moon goddess sighed then casted a spell and my eyes widened in surprise when suddenly hundreds of rabbits appeared on the field. All the kids squealed when they saw so many rabbits hopping around and they instantly ran towards them. The moon goddess then said to Kingsley while stroking his head "Go play with your siblings Kingsley and make sure that they don't eat any of my precious creations".