▹ [19] Goodbye My Lover...

Sophia's POV.

6 Hours Later.

'Princess Of Manchester Goes Wild.'

I read the headline about my wild night out in the city and couldn't be more impressed by the choice of picture that was used. Seriously, the picture they chose was a great shot of me last night. I probably should send a thank you note to the editor.

"So you have a wild night out, appear on the front page of every newspaper this city's ever seen for the wrong reason and our father welcomes you back with opened arms. Wow, must be awesome being Sophia Ferguson." Thomas said and grabbed his protein shake from the fridge.

Thomas has been giving me the cold shoulder ever since yesterday. This is literally the longest time my brother has ever stayed mad at me and honestly I can't tolerate all the attitude he is giving me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be? As in training. Or did daddy finally realize how untalented you are and kicked you of United?" I asked and raised my eyebrows at him.

"You're sick that's what you are." Thomas said and shook his head before walking out of the kitchen.

I took a sip of my orange juice and continued reading the article. This editor really had good things to say about me. I'm impressed at how he made me look like a good person even though the article was meant to be a scandal.

"Princess, why are you reading that?" Asked my dad as he walked into the kitchen.

"I wanted to know what people are saying. And now I know." I said and looked at my father. "Dad, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Anything, princess!" My Dad said and took a seat next to me at the table.

"I'm in a situation where I'm in love with two different guys. One of them I just met. He told me he loved me and it felt really good. He has made me the happiest I've been in months and being with him just feels so right...." I said and trailed off.

My heart started beating a little faster than it already was. The thought of him always gave me butterflies in my stomach. I smiled as I recalled the conversation that took place between us this morning. The fact that he was worried about me after the fight we had last night, just showed how much he really cares.

"But?" My father asked, snapping out of my thoughts.

"But then there's the other guy. I've known him my whole life and it's no secret that I love him. I always have loved him and a part of me always will love him. Whenever I'm with him, I feel so alive and free. He knows who I am, he knows every secret I ever had, every darkest thought I ever had and he still loves me for who I am." I said.

My smile eventually faded away once I realized the situation I was in. These are two guys who I love. Two guys who loves me. Two guys who are innocent and don't deserve to have a girlfriend like me who will just end up hurting them.

"Sweetheart, I know where this is going.." my dad said but trailed off. He grabbed my hand and held on to it. "But I can't help you. You are the one who got yourself in this situation so you need to be the one who gets yourself out of it. I know it's gonna be tough but you can't love them both. You have to choose one and you have to let the other one go, otherwise you're never gonna be happy." Daddy said.

Everything he said made sense. I couldn't love both of them. It's not far to play with their emotions. They don't deserve that. It's not even their fault. They didn't know this was going to open. Frankly, neither did I. We can't control what we feel. If we could then everything would be easy. Nobody wants that. Everyone knows easy is boring.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Later That Day.

I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about the decision I had made. This was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I love both these guys so much but this love triangle simply just can't go on anymore.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a knocked on my door. "Anybody home?" He asked as he slowly opened the door.

"Come in." I chuckled. "I'm glad you could make it." I said and smiled at him. I sat up against my headboard as he sat down next to me.

"Nah. I was coming to see you anyway." He chuckled. "So we're gonna have the talk again I'm guessing. Third time the lucky charm?" Jess said, jokingly.

"Jess, you've gotta understand this is extremely hard for me. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do." I said while trying to fight back the tears that were forming in my eyes.

"I know. I was actually coming over here to tell you the same thing. I broke up with Lauren." Jesse said, taking me by surprise.

"What?"

"Two days ago. I needed time to think so I called it off with her. I'm not ready to be in another relationship just yet. I have to figure out some things first before committing to someone else." Said Jess.

There was a small moment of silence before he started speaking again. "Soph, I love you so much and I want to be with you more than anything in this world but.." Jesse said but trailed off. It was so hard for him to say that a tear escaped his eye.

"..now is not the right time." I said, completing his sentence. Jesse confirmed my theory by nodding. "I love you too, Jess.." I said and took a deep breath, "but I need to be with Dele. I don't know why but it feels like it's the right thing to do." I said and shut my eyes tight.

At this point, I was literally crying out loud. Jesse placed a hand on my knee and started to rub it in a comforting way. "Soph, now might not be the right time but if two people are meant to be together, eventually they will find their way back to each other." Jess said and I nodded.

"Yeah, they eventually will." I whispered.

Jesse pulled me into a hug. He held onto me as tight as he could and I did the same to him. I squeezed my eyes shut as the tears continued rolling down my face.

Seconds that felt like hours went by and Jesse and I were still in the same spot. Neither of us said a word. I guess we didn't actually know what to say. All we knew was that we didn't want to let go just yet.

"I have to go now." Said Jess.

"No. Just a few more seconds." I said and held onto him even more tighter than before.

"Okay." He whispered.

A good couple of seconds went by before Jesse finally spoke up again. "Soph," he started, "I'm gonna let go now." He said.

"Okay." I said and with that Jesse let go and walked straight out of my room without even turning back.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Oh No! 😭 Do you think this is the end of Jephia? 😭 What are your thoughts? 🤔 Let me know!

Thanks for reading ☺️
Please vote and comment
🙏🏼💜 x