▹ [85] Regrets.

I woke up on the floor in the arms of Jesse. I looked around and I noticed that I was in his living room. I lifted up the sheet that was covering and my eyes widened when I saw that I was naked. I started to breathe heavy when I saw that Jesse was also naked. I immediately got up from the floor and put my clothes from last night on. As I was putting my dress on, Jesse started to wake up.

"Sophia." He said surprised to see me. It wasn't long until he realized that he was naked. "Oh my God, did we?" He asked. Jesse started to panic when as he started to recall what happened between us.

"I can't believe we did that to Dele. I can't believe that I did that to him." I said. I was on the verge of crying.

How could I have cheated on Dele? How could I mess up like this. I can't believe it. Everything was going so well for us and now, now I just screwed everything up. As usual.

"I don't know but I feel so bad. I am horrible person." Jesse said as he put on his clothes.

"We both are." Was all I could say at that moment. "I didn't know what I was doing Jess." I admitted.

I was trying to remember anything from last night but I just couldn't. All I remember was smoking cigars with the guys, everything after that is blank. I wish I hadn't lost control last night. I wish I hadn't cheated on my boyfriend but I did. I can't go back and change my actions but I can't prevent the truth from coming.

"I did remember anything either." Jesse said. He kept on pacing back and fourth with a look of regret on his face. "What are we going to do? Dele is my friend, my teammate. How are we going to tell him?" Asked Jesse.

"Maybe we don't have too. Maybe this slip up can stay between us." I said.

The words that came out of my mouth, made Jesse stop pacing. "What?" He asked, surprised by what I said. "You know very well what a big secret can do to a relationship, Soph. Remember, that's how you lost me. Are you sure you want to keep this away from him?" Jesse asked, concerned.

"Jess, last night or this morning, whenever it was, it was a slip up, a mistake. We were both intoxicated. We were drunk and high and we didn't know what we were doing. If we tell him, we're gonna lose him over a mistake but if we don't, nobody ever has to know that this happened." I said.

I hate lying and keeping secrets from the people that I love. After I lost Jesse over a secret, I promised myself that I wouldn't make the same mistake again. I decided that I was going to be honest with everyone in my life but last night was a mistake. The fact that I don't even remember sure as hell confirms that it was. And even though I want to tell Dele about it, I don't want to lose him. We are finally happy and living our best life together. I don't want to ruin that.

"If that's what you want then, my lips are sealed." Jesse reassured me.

⚽️⚽️

That Afternoon.

Sitting in Dele's house, I was a little nervous about seeing him. This was going to be the first time I saw him since cheating on him with Jesse. And even though he does not know about it, I feel bad about the fact that I have to keep that secret away from him but it is the right thing to do at this point.

The front door to his house opened and in walked Dele, who had just come back from training. The moment he saw me, his face lit up. "Hey you!" He said with the biggest smile plastered across his face. A smile that made my heart melt.

"Hey baby." I said and wrapped my hands around his neck.

"So what are you doing here? You didn't even tell me that you were coming. Is everything okay?" Dele asked with a look of concern on his smile.

"Everything is good babe. I was just missing you." I said and smiled.

"Oh look at you." He said and sealed his words with a kiss.

We made out for a bit and then went up to change. When he came back down, we spent the afternoon, cuddling together and eating snacks while watching Netflix.

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Do you think it's wise for Sophia to keep such a secret away from Dele? 🤔

Also, I'm absolutely gutted that Dele is suspended for next weeks game. I really wanted to see him against United😭

Thanks for reading Please vote and comment 🙏🏼💜 x