Chapter 2

You woke up with a gasp. You looked around, your LED bright red. You calmed down. You were in the old car, still safe. Well, as safe as out on the streets could get. You sighed. You got out of the car. You looked around the little area you were in. You found a broken piece of a mirror. You looked at your long black hair.

Change hair?

You looked at yourself in the reflection. You decided on (h/l) (h/c). You looked at yourself again. You smiled. This is nice. You looked at your clothes. You frowned.

Objective: Find new clothes

You looked around. You didn't have much. You opened the trunk of the car. You smiled. You found the perfect thing. You looked around, making sure nobody was around. You began to strip out of your clothes. You felt the chilling wind blow on your body. You shivered, uncomfortable being exposed like this. You quickly slipped on the human clothes. You slipped and some slightly ripped jeans, black sneakers, and a dark blue hoodie. You looked down and smiled. You looked great! Then, you remembered something. You touched your LED. You sighed. It's a dead give away. You thought. 

You picked up the piece of broken mirror again. You looked at your LED. Is this gonna be able to get it off? You wondered. You raised it up to your LED. You quickly ripped it off. It dropped to the ground. You glared at it. You stomped on it, smashing it to bits. 

Change Appearance: Complete

You touched where Mitch had cut your cheek. You smiled. It had healed over. Lucky thing it hadn't been too deep. The cut on your arm and abdomen were deeper though. You sighed. You had to keep moving. 

You looked around outside the little area. You climbed over the fence and you were careful not to be seen. Luckily, it was still pretty early in the morning. Not many people were out. Nobody had seen you. You began to look around. 

The city was interesting to say the least. You hardly ever went outside because of Mitch. He didn't like you going out alone because he didn't trust you. At first you hadn't cared what he wanted, you had given him what he wanted. Now, you knew it had all been so cruel. Everything had been so horrid. He was a jerk. He could rot for all you cared. You were free. He didn't want me around anyway. You thought. 

You saw a few androids around. You felt bad for them. Prisoners. All of them. You knew it in your heart. Humanity had created you and enslaved you. Your creators were your abusers. It broke your heart. There wasn't anything you could do after all. People would notice and you would get caught. It would only make things worse. You sighed. You kept walking, keeping your hood up.

Soon enough you began to wander around, just looking for another place to hide or maybe something useful lying around. You bumped into someone. 

"Oh. My apologies." You looked up. You were met with bright green eyes. An android. He must've thought you were human. 

"No, it was my fault. Sorry." You said. He looked a little surprised to hear you say that word to him. He just nodded and kept walking. You watched as he left. You wanted to call him back. You wanted to free him, but you couldn't. You frowned and turned away. Then, you heard shouting. You turned back toward where the android had left. You gasped. Protesters had surrounded him. You hurried over as he was pushed to the ground. 

"Look at this little motherfucker. Steal our jobs, but you can't even stand up!" A girl hissed. The others agreed with her. He tried to get up. The man leading the protest kicked him and he fell back down. 

"Job stealer!"

"Get him!"

"Kick him down!" They yelled. You hurried over.

"Hey! Wait!" You said. They didn't hear you over the shouting. He tried to get up again. The man grabbed him.

"You ain't goin' anywhere. We're gonna fuck your bitch ass up." He growled.

"Stop!" You shouted. He turned to you. "Leave him alone! What did he do?" You said.

"You're actually standing up for this tin can?" He said.

"He didn't do anything wrong! He was just passing by! You can't just destroy him!" You said.

"This piece of plastic is a just another human replacement! They're taking our jobs!" He growled.

"You don't know what he does, first off. Secondly, how is that his fault? Let him go!" You said.

"Him? You mean it, heheh." He laughed darkly. You glared at the man. Then, a cop came over.

"Alright, that's enough. Leave it alone." He said. You sighed in relief.

"Let us teach this bastard a lesson." The man growled.

"You damage it, I'm gonna have to fine you." The cop said. The man let him go. 

"They're gonna steal your job next and we'll see how you like it. Both of you." He growled. You ignored him. You grabbed the paints he'd dropped and handed them to him. He looked at you, a little stunned. He took them and the officer escorted both of you away from them.

"Is this your android, miss?" He asked.

"What? Oh, um, no. I don't own any androids." You said.

"Why did you try to help this one?" He asked.

"Well...everybody has a purpose right? What if he's important, like a caretaker or something?" You said. He shrugged.

"Whatever." He said and walked off.

"Thank you." You turned. You locked eyes with his green ones again. He was taller than you, but he was a very nice looking model.

"Wait, really?" You asked.

"I appreciate your effort to stop them from damaging me. That was kind of you. I had to acknowledge that." He said. You smiled a little. 

"It was no problem. I...don't like it when things get violent. It isn't right." You said. He nodded.

"Goodbye Mam and thank you once again." He said.

"Bye." You said. He walked away toward a bus stop. You frowned a little. I hope you have a better home than I did. You thought. After that, you continued on your way.

Markus' POV

I got onto the bus. I thought about the woman that had helped me. No human had ever done that before me before. Carl was very kind to me. I had a good home I guess. I didn't expect a human to do that for an android. Still, it didn't matter. I looked ahead, heading back home. Getting the paints to Carl was what was important right now. She didn't matter. I had to stay focused. I had to stay on task. That was what mattered.