Chapter 42

You and Markus got redressed and Markus sighed. You could tell a lot was on his mind. You walked over to him and hugged him. He smiled a little at you. 

"Thank you, (Y/n). You being here....it does help." You smiled.

"I will always be here for you." You promised. He hugged you back. He kissed you again and you both stayed there for a long time. He pulled away soon enough. 

"I have to go. I need to think of what exactly we're going to do. We don't have much time." He said. You nodded.

"I need to go check on Connor before he leaves. I'm really worried about his mission." You said.

"You and him are close, aren't you?" Markus asked.

"At first I didn't like him or trust him, but in a few days I learned who he really was and I guess he became like a little brother to me. I was really surprised when he told me he felt the same way. I guess...I wanted to have somebody to call family." You explained. Markus smiled.

"Makes sense. I guess lover isn't exactly the same as family." He teased. You chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." You replied. "I'll...catch up with you." You told him. He nodded.

"I like your new outfit, by the way." He said, making you blush before he opened the now unlocked door and left. You looked over your outfit and smiled. You liked it.

(You can choose the one you like!)

You were nervous, you had to admit, but there was no going back. You left the room and looked around for Connor. You scanned around and located him in a different room. You hurried over and you saw him slip on his jacket. He must've been changing back into his traditional outfit. You realized. He heard you come in and turned.

"Oh. Hello (Y/n). Were you looking for me?" He asked. You nodded.

"I wanted to wish you luck. If anyone can do this, it's you." You told him. He smiled thankfully at you.

"I know you're worried about me, but I'll be alright. After all, I always accomplish my mission." He said with a wink. You chuckled at him. He really was a sweet guy. You were glad he had chosen your side. You hugged him.

"Be careful little brother." You told him. He hugged back.

"I will. I promise." He told you. "Can you promise me the same thing?" He asked. You sighed.

"I wish, but that's not under my control." You said. He nodded, understanding why you couldn't promise the same thing. It was up to Markus what was going to happen. 

"I trust that he will make the right choices." Connor said. He looked at you. "If anyone can show them we're more than what they say, it's him...and you." He said. You smiled.

"Thanks, Con." You told him. He smiled at the nickname.

"Of course." He replied. You rolled your eyes.

"You're always so formal sounding." You said. He blushed a little.

"I was designed that way. I was meant to be more factual rather than stubborn, like you." He said. You shoved him slightly.

"Shut up. That's just mean." You fake pouted with your arms crossed. He laughed slightly.

"Despite only knowing you for a short amount of time, it seems I understand you better than most." He chuckled. You smiled.

"Well, I can say the same to you, Connor." You said. He nodded.

"I believe you are correct." He agreed. You smiled, but it soon turned into a frown.

"Connor...are you sure we can do this? I'll follow Markus to the end, but...I can't help it. I'm...I'm so afraid. I don't want him to know, but I just...I can't lose him. I don't want to lose anyone. Our people are going to die, Connor. I know not everybody will make it out of this. What if this is it? What if...I never see you again." You told him all of your doubts, wanting to pour out your worries to somebody. He hugged you again.

"It's okay. I know you can do this. It's going to be fine. I can feel it." He reassured you. You smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Be careful, Connor." You whispered.

"I will. I promise." He told you. You smiled and you both let go. "I'll see you again soon." He told you. You nodded, trusting that he'd stay true to his word. With that, he gave you one last smile and turned to leave.

"See you soon." You told him. He looked back at you.

"See you soon." He repeated and with that, he left with a purpose and a mission to complete. "Besides, I always accomplish my mission." You smiled, remembering his words. 

"I know."