Chapter 71

It took a full month for Markus to finally get the approval of the court for the weddings laws for androids. The humans had moved back to Detroit 2 days after Markus' proposed to you, ruining the plan of getting married in secret thanks to the human news crews always wanting to speak to both of you and one just so happened to notice the engagement ring. Laws were in motion to include androids as equals and most of them were getting the thumbs up. The wedding, however, Markus had to work hard for an aye okay on that one. Everyday, he came home exhausted. You were helping with the movement of course, but sometimes only Markus was asked to talk to the officials. You tried to do as much as you could for your fiance, which he appreciated deeply, repaying you in numerous ways.

Tonight was one of those nights. You could tell. As soon as he got home you could see the relief on his face as he finally got back. It was late and you had been watching the news, keeping an eye on him along with what was going on. You walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss before hugging him. He smiled a little and hugged back.

"Hey. Sorry I'm back so late. The drive was longer than I expected and the discussion went on for an hour over what was scheduled. I...I hope I didn't worry you." He said. You chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"You can take care of yourself. I wasn't worried. I just missed you." You replied. He smiled.

"I could say the same to you." He replied. You smiled at him. You pulled him onto the couch and he gladly cuddled up next to you as you carelessly flipped on a random movie. You both covered up with a blanket and relaxed together. You began to drift off, lost in thought. You sighed. Markus looked over at you. "Everything alright?" He asked.

"What are we going to do? You're always so busy and while I'm usually a part of it, that doesn't help us. When are we going to have the time to get married and settle down?" You asked. He hugged you.

"It's alright. We can take a break soon. I promise." He said. You smiled and nodded.

"I trust you." You told him. He smiled at you and you both kissed again. You cuddled up to him. You got an idea. "Markus?"

"Yes, beautiful?" 

"Care to dance?" You asked, mimicking him from that night. He smiled.

"It would be my pleasure." He replied, mimicking you in return. You got and turned on the music player you both had. It began to play one of your favorites. Of course, it was the karaoke version. You took his hand in your and you both began to dance.

In the dead of the night, when your body's sleepless. It's raining feelings now. Just wanna get it right, searching for meaning in this cold angel town. I'll be the warmth in your empty hotel. I'll make it right when you're going through hell. I'll be the call when there's no one to tell. Make it light up, light up. Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there! When life hits you hard like a train wreck, don't you believe it'll break ya! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there!" You both danced faster, staying with the beat. You loved it. "If you lose your mind, I'll be your anchor holding your body down. I'll stay a while, from now until late. Two kids in this angel town. I'll be the soles of your shoes on the ground. Running with you 'til you're safe and you're sound. We'll make it out of this angel town. Make it light up, light up. Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there! When life hits you hard like a train wreck, don't you believe it'll break ya! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there!" You laughed a little as he spun you around before going back into the song. "Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma be there. I'ma be there. Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma be there. I'ma be there. When life hits you hard like a train wreck, don't you believe it'll break ya! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there! I'ma, I'ma be there! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ Oh-oh, oh-oh be there! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ Oh-oh, oh-oh~ I'ma, I'ma be there Oh-oh, oh-oh be there! Oh-oh, oh-oh~ Oh-oh, oh-oh I'ma be there, I'ma be there!" 

The song ended you both hugged happily. You cuddled into his chest. You sighed, content staying like that. He kissed your forehead.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."