Chapter 72

You were getting very excited. You and Markus finally had a day schedule for the wedding. You had asked Zala to be the maid of honor. She had happily said yes. Markus had asked Connor to be the best man and he was thrilled as well. Hank would walk you down the aisle since you were basically his daughter now. You had even taken his last name, but it wouldn't be long since Markus had adopted Carl's last name. Leo and Markus never spoke, but now neither you had any idea hat happened to him. You were with Zala and North. They were helping you pick out a dress along with the humans and androids that worked there. Of course, since this wedding would go down in the history books, you had been asked if it was alright for you to be on some show called 'Say Yes to the Dress'. Not wanting to upset anyone, you had agreed. Besides, it's not like every bride got that opportunity. You hadn't wanted any of the boys to come because you wanted it to be a surprise for Markus. 

You followed Amber to some of the dresses you were aiming for. Amber was one of the new people running the show. She had changed it up a bit so the show could be shot from multiple places instead of just the one place. Amber was working with Zack, a man who worked at the actual place so they could help you get the one you wanted. You were kind of all over the place, but both of them had some good ideas for you. You tried on one that was pretty simple first. It was longer, had long lace sleeves, and a white bow tied around the waist. You showed it to your two friends.

"You look pretty, but I don't think it's the one." Zala said.

"Agreed. You need something that will flare. You've always been one to stand out." North said. You looked at yourself.

"Yeah. You're right." You said. You went back again and tried something fancier. It was one of those dresses that had big puffed out bottoms and it had lace designs and sparkles on it. You liked it. You turned to Amber.

"Hey Amber?" You asked.

"Yes?" 

"I..I wanna know what you think before I go out there. You can be honest, it's okay." You said. She looked surprised, but she smiled.

"I think this dress is a good fit for you, but it's up to you, not me. You should go show the others." She answered. You smiled.

"Thanks." You walked out and Zala smiled.

"Getting closer! That one nice!" She said. North smiled a little.

"Yeah, it's pretty, but I still don't think it's completely you." She said. You went back again. You were putting on a light pink dress, but as you looked at yourself, you just...didn't feel the connection. You didn't know f you would find one that would be 'perfect' for you. Amber noticed your discouraged look.

"Something wrong?" She asked.

"I don't know. I just don't think that I'll find one that I think is mine. Like, yeah sure, there are dresses I would wear, but they aren't dresses that I would call my own." You told her. You sighed. "Maybe...maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't do this." 

"(Y/n), I'm sure we can find a dress that's perfect for you." Amber said.

"I just don't know what that would be." You said. She frowned a little, clearly thinking. Then she smiled at you.

"I have a dress that I think will work. I'll be right back. You step out of that one, okay?" You smiled at her a little and nodded.

"Alright." You said. She hurried off and you stepped out of the third dress. She came back and you were shocked. "Oh my god...it's....beautiful." You replied.

"Well, go on! Try it on!" She encouraged. You put on the dress with a little bit of her help. You looked in the mirror and you felt like you were going to cry. 

"I..I love it! Amber this is amazing!" You said. She smiled. 

"Go show the others." She told you. You walked out and as soon as the girls saw you, they were staring in awe. You blushed and giggled happily. 

"W-well?" You asked. 

"(Y/n)...you look like a princess." Zala said.

"Markus is a lucky man." North agreed. You smiled and looked at yourself in the mirror again.

"(Y/n), are you saying yes to this dress?" Zack asked. You nodded.

"Yes." You replied. Everyone cheered happily and told you congrats. You changed back into your normal clothes. Amber talked to you.

"Now, that dress is normally more expensive, but...I want you to be happy, so...I'll go work my magic, okay?" You hugged her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" You said. She hugged back.

"You deserve to be happy. All of you do." She said. You smiled.

"Amber, I can never repay you for this no matter how much I wish I could." You said.

"You don't have to. Now go get back to that husband of yours. I'll handle the dress from here until the day arrives. Goodbye (Y/n)." You smiled. 

"Bye Amber."