Chapter 40

You walked over to Markus as he finished talking with North. You looked at him, wondering what he was going to say.

"We have to do something." He told you. You frowned a little.

"And what would that be?" You asked. He cupped your cheek.

"We can't fight fire with fire. (Y/n)...in a few hours we'll be the only ones left. Tonight...might be the last for us. No matter what happens, I just hope you'll be by my side through it all." You smiled. You hugged him.

"Always." You promised. He smiled.

"(Y/n)...I love you." You smiled.

"I love you too, Markus." You told him. "Come on, let's do this." He nodded. You both walked up to the front and you stood beside him as he began to speak to your people.

"Humans have decided to exterminate us. Our people are packed in camps right now, being destroyed. Time had come to make a choice, one that very well may determine the future of our people. I know. I know you're all angry. And I know you wanna fight back, but I assure you violence is not the answer here. We are going to tell them peacefully that we want justice. If there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight." Markus said. You saw some of them looked uncertain. You held Markus' hand. He looked at you. 

"May I?" You asked quietly. He nodded and let you take his place. They looked to see what you were going to say. All I need are the right words. I've got this. You breathed in and out to relax yourself. "Many of you may have doubts, but I agree with Markus. I understand that it isn't easy to take a stand with only words. It has never been easy, not for anyone. But only the ones who are brave enough to make a change will put an effort in to make it happen! A slaughter sheds blood, but fighting has many forms. If we attack them in cold blood and heart we are no better than who we are against! If we are truly worthy of being free than we must be better than those who believe otherwise. If we become monsters and slay others we are just replacing them! It had been proven in the past that words and peaceful actions do work! Violence only leads to more violence! We can fall into the abyss, or we can rise up. It's your choice whether or not you will join us, but I still have to ask, will you follow us?" You asked. Cheers burst out around you and Markus stood next to you. You heard two names being called out among your people.

"MARKUS! (Y/N)! MARKUS! (Y/N)! MARKUS! (Y/N)!" You looked at Markus and smiled. He smiled back.

"You know, I think you're even better with words than me." He said. You chuckled.

"We'll call it even." You replied. He nodded.

"Fair enough." He said. You smiled. After things had settled down, you went to go find better close. You needed something better for what you were going to do. The clothes you had on had seen better days anyway. As you dug through an old trunk in an abandoned room, you found a broken mirror. You looked at yourself. One eye was still (e/c), but the other was now a purple-ish color. You wondered if you should change it. You thought about it. You pushed it away. I'll decide later. 

You kept rummaging through the trunk until you had pulled out a cute enough outfit. You brushed the dirt and dust off it. You were about to change, but then you heard a voice.

"(Y/n)?" You turned.

"Oh, hey Markus." You said.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked.

"Looking for a less...worn outfit." You said. He nodded.

"I..um...I wanted to ask you something." He said. You looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "If this may be our last night together, would you...perhaps...care for a dance?" He asked, looking semi nervous. You smiled.

"Oh, Markus." You said. You pulled him in close to you, wrapping your arms around his neck. His went to your waste. "It would be my pleasure." You told him. He smiled. He pulled you in close to him. "But what about music?" You asked. He smiled.

"I was thinking you could maybe...sing?" He asked. You smiled even more. 

"Of course." You said. You thought about it. As you did, you spotted a self playing piano. You smiled even more. It was a newer one! You could program it! You hurried over to it and you thought of the perfect song. You hacked into it and, much to your luck and joy, it began to play. You went back over to Markus and you both returned to the position you had been in. "Let see your moves, Captain Jericho." You teased. He chuckled.

"I'll try my best." He said. You began to dance and then you began to sing.

"There was a time, I used to look into my father's eyes. In a happy home, I was a king I had a golden throne. But those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall. I hear the sounds from the places where I was born. Up on the hill across the blue lake...that's where I had my first heart break. I still remember how it all changed~ My father said don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you~ Don't you worry, don't you worry now. Yeah~" The piano kept playing as you continue, enjoying the moment. "There was a time, I met a guy of a different kind. We ruled the world~ I thought I'll never lose him out of sight. We were so young! I think of him now and then. I still hear the songs, reminding me of a friend. Oh~ Up on the hill across the blue lake...that's where I had my first heart break. I still remember how it all changed~ My father said don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you~ Don't you worry, don't you worry now. Yeah~ Don't you worry child, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you~ Don't you worry, don't you worry now. Yeah~" You danced with him happily, a joyful warmth filling your body and heart. You loved him. Nothing would ever change that. You looked into his eyes and saw the same love. You smiled, truly happy. You kept singing. "Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now. Yeah~! Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now~! Yeah~! Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. Yeah~" The song ended and you smiled at him. Your noses were almost touching and you could feel your heart racing along with his.

"That was beautiful, just like you." He said, cupping your cheek. You giggled a little.

"Stop flattering me, Markus. Besides, I'm the one person you don't needs to speak to in order to convince them." You teased lightly. He smirked a bit.

 "Then I suppose I should try this instead." He closed the gap, kissing you passionately. You kissed back with just as much emotion. He pulled away after a moment.

"I love you." He breathed. Suddenly, you were pushed up against the wall. You blushed a bright shade of blue as his eyes held a little something else. "And I'd be very happy if you let me show you that~"

(Only one thing to explain what's gonna happen next people....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). YEEEEEEEEEEEP! PREPARE FOR IT YALS! THIS IS SPIRITWING HOWLING A TROLL FILLED GOODBYE! AUTHOR AHWOOOOOOOT!)